Force 190 and new software webinar

The recording of today's webinar is HERE. Please post your questions and comments to this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn4DHsvTry8

2 Likes

With no plans for a TCP link test in the radio, what about a iPerf client in the radio where we can input our own internal iPerf server IP address and run a TCP link test that way from the radio?

And curious about decision to go with a 10/100 Ethernet port. The 180 and 200 are 10/100/1000. With 40 Mhz channel size, speeds over 100 Mbps are easily achieved. That single omission is keeping us from using an otherwise excellent product (judging from the other features).

1 Like

Yay!!! Another PoE difference.... 

Thank you for your comment.  The reason why F190 has a Fast Ethernet Port is becuase this product is meant to be a subscriber module.

1 Like

You can use the existing ePMP 30V PoE brick with F190.  

2 Likes

@Au Wireless wrote:

With no plans for a TCP link test in the radio, what about a iPerf client in the radio where we can input our own internal iPerf server IP address and run a TCP link test that way from the radio?

During the early days of ePMP, we did have an iperf client on the radio. However, it proved to be very inconsistent and unstable and did not provide an accurate representaion of the RF link speed. After several customer complaints, we ended up removing it and developed a more reliable test, fully appreciating the fact that it is a UDP-like test and not TCP. That said, thanks for the suggestion and we will take a second look at this. As I said in the webinar, the team is working hard on the next generation platform and we will have to make tough calls on adding new functionality in the near term. 

Thanks for your support. 

Sriram

1 Like

@Nathan Dothager wrote:

Yay!!! Another PoE difference.... 

Hi Nathan, 

This is the same PoE as the Force 180 and Force 200. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

Really disappointed regarding using fast ethernet port instead of gigabit one.

If the antenna could reach easily 200 Mbps aggregated throughput is unseful if I can't bring on ethernet side.

Uncomprensible choose.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/Roadmap-for-ePMP-AP-SM-s-Live-Spectrum-Analyzer/m-p/76685#M11385

I want to post here my think about urgent feature.

Is too wait time to have a decent Spectrum Analizer into AP/SM, such the 802.11ac line of product as like as 4x4 MU-MIMO features.

Mimosa, that doesn't have any chance for me to beat Cambium, have that features. If you think to quickly add those lines of new products, you will bring all WISP to you. I can guarantee that 100%.

Other vendors are using 4x Radio bonding at only 10 Mhz to beat the interferences. Even this is a really good idea.

1 Like

I'm not really seeing an issue with the 10/100 port on this device. It's not meant for backhaul, it's meant as a low-cost (and low shipping cost!) CPE radio. We don't typically offer anything over 30Mbps on shared sector APs - certainly not to residential users, where cost is a much more significant concern than with enterprise users.

Most of our sectors run TDD-GPS at 75/25 in a 20MHz channel - where the 100Mbps CPE port is a non-issue even on a perfect connection, and where we're running 40MHz it's typically shared across 10-30 CPEs.

You'll only really run into port speed issues when running these as a PTP pair, at which point you'd likely be able to justify the additional expense for Force200s - and if you want GPS sync, one end of your link is going to be an AP Lite with a parabolic anyway, throwing any F190 cost savings out the window...

4 Likes

Yes, I have to agree - I personally don't see a big issue with a 100 Mbit Ethernet on a customer CPE.

Also, remember that in Ethernet, 100 Mbit is full duplex - so 100 Mbit Ethernet is 100 MBit TX and 100 MBit RX at the same time.  In wireless, we'd call this 200 Mbit aggregate throughput.  So, even if your wireless connection is theoretically capable of 120 Mbit or 150 MBit, some of that is RX and some of that is TX and it's unlikely that a full duplex 100 Mbit Ethernet will be a real-world bottleneck. Certainly not in 99% of all customer CPE situations.

The way I look at it is this - for every 1000 Force 190's Cambium sells, 999 of them will likely be in customer CPE situations where QOS is set to 10Mbit or 25Mbit or 50Mbit something like that.

4 Likes

Hi,

When will the Force 190 be available in LINKPlanner?  Downloaded the latest which was posted within LINKPlanners notifiication and there was no mention of the Force 190.

In the webinar it was said that in the next upcoming release In a couple days that it would be there.  Also, I checked with distributors such as Tessco and StreakWave and it is not available.

Any ideas?

Regards.

Hi, 

The Force 190 will be in the V4.6.3 release of LINKPlanner which will be available in the next two weeks. Please watch the LINKPLanner forum for more information on this. 

Thanks,

Sriram

3 Likes

Hi Sri;

OK.  Thanks.  It's available now. So you'll (Cambium) kept your timeline and word.  Good job.

Regards.

1 Like