Force 200 Unable to upgrade to 3.5.1

I have 2 Force 200's setup as ePTP Master/Slave configuration for a PTP link that I recently upgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.5 with no problems but now I am attempting to upgrade them to 3.5.1 and both units say "Please perform device reboot before Upgrading software" when trying to upgrade the firmware. I have rebooted both units multiple times and immediately after reboot attempt to upgrade and still get the same message on both units.

1 Like

Hi,

Could you please attach Configuration -> Network and Configuration -> System pages screenshot?

Thank you.

Hi!

As a general recommendation you can try removing customer data passing the link.

Thanks,
Dmitry

1 Like

I changed the SSID on the Master side so the Slave wouldn't connect and was able to perform the upgrade on the Master unit but it isn't as easy to disable traffic on the Slave side since I am attempting to upgrade across the link. Why has this never been an issue until 3.5? I upgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.5 without removing traffic. No other product that I know of requires you to disable customer traffic to perform a firmware upgrade.

It depends on number of features(services) enabled. Enabled features consume device resources as well as traffic processing and rarely appears case when device cannot upload FW image into RAM to unzip it.

Thank you.

Would you suggest disabling any features/services to allow the upgrade to take place while in production with customer traffic?Ā Is it possible to view what resources are available? What are the minimal resourcesĀ that must be available to update the firmware?

I would be glad to suggest if you could attach screenshot of Configuration Network and Systme page.

Thank you.

el mismo problema tengo desde diversas versiones, tengo una red geograficamente dispersa y al actualizar desde el cnMaestro marca error y hay que ir a hacer un reset fisico (apagar y prender el radio) y si me conecto via remota en ese radio siempre me saleĀ Please perform device reboot before Upgrading software, ya conocen el problema y no lo solucionan, solo tiene habilitado la seguridad del wireless y el cnMaestro es todo y aun asi se queda sin memoria...

Hello everybody

HereĀ“s my solution

Option 1) Migrate from 3.4.1 to 3.5 and finally to 3.5.1

Option 2) From ethernet side in Slave (in case you are at remote point) change driver mode to TDD (your link will go down). Then reboot and migrate to 3.5.1. Restart and change driver mode to original ePTP.

Regards

3 Likes
MarioUlio

Thank you, This problem was driving me nuts! Changing the driver mode worked for me.
1 Like

@Brad-A wrote:

I have 2 Force 200's setup as ePTP Master/Slave configuration for a PTP link that I recently upgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.5 with no problems but now I am attempting to upgrade them to 3.5.1 and both units say "Please perform device reboot before Upgrading software" when trying to upgrade the firmware. I have rebooted both units multiple times and immediately after reboot attempt to upgrade and still get the same message on both units.

Have you tried using cnMaestro to do the upgrade? I had a similar problem some times ago and that was my solution. Other people have previously reported turning off certain services (SNMP for example) and feeing up a bit of memory that way.

Also - I think most people would suggest 3.5.6 as the latest stable for Force200'sĀ  :)

how to downloade epmp 190 force update software virson sir plz send meĀ  some linkĀ 

@umakanta budha  wrote:

how to downloade epmp 190 force update software virson sir plz send me  some link 

Hi Umakanta. I'm not certain what your question is exactly... but if you are asking my recommendation for Force190 and Force200 firmware - then my suggestion would be as follows. If this is a pure ePMP1000 / ePMP2000 network, with just Force180 / Force 190 / Force200 clients - then currently I would recommend the whole network to be on Version 3.5.6 firmware.  I think most Cambium WISP's would agree that version 3.5.6 is quite mature and very stable.

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/archive#r3

Now - if you have a mix/match of ePMP1000/2000 and also have a mix of PMP3000 Access Points and/or Force300 clients - then you need to move to Version 4.x for forward/backward compatibility - in which case I would recommend you then use the latest 4.4 Release Candidate 30 (4.4-RC30)

However, if you are using ePMP1000 & 2000 AP's, with Force180/190/200 SM's - then 3.5.6 would be my suggestion for you.

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/archive#r3

excelente, me funciono de maravilla y estuve batallando mucho por eso

Worked for me; Thanks so much