Force 300-25 - first impression

Yes!!!, I can see it. Great!!!...They were able to get MCS9 (5/6) on 20Mhz channels. This explain the throughput you are getting. Did not think it was possible due to AC specs and the Force 300 data sheet itself only showing MCS 8 as max rate for a 20Mhz channel. 

Hi ninedd,
Thank you for your feedback!

Does the Force 300-25 has an ePTP Mode or Flexible mode? Is 75/25 TDD the only available?
Is 2.5ms frame available?

If not, I ask Cambium when it’s expected to have such support :slight_smile:

ninedd, could you please share 40MHz performance page?
If you have about 154Mbps aggregate in 20MHz channel, you should have about 310Mbps aggregate in 40MHz channel at same modulations!

Does the Force 300-25 has an ePTP Mode or Flexible mode? Is 75/25 TDD the only available?
Is 2.5ms frame available?

ninedd, could you please share 40MHz performance page?
If you have about 154Mbps aggregate in 20MHz channel, you should have about 310Mbps aggregate in 40MHz channel at same modulations!

The first Beta of the Force300 software only has an TDD PTP mode, and only has 75/25 and 50/50 and 30/70 ratios, so no flexible currently.  That being said - I got my Force300's last Thursday and I'm currently using 4.1-RC45, which is the 3rd firmware version I've used in 6 days.  SO - I'd say they are working pretty feverishly on the firmware.  :)

I also shouldn't have really posted any 40 Mhz results.  Those are absolutely 'first test' kinda results, no optimization at all.  I've got a few projects going on right now (plus a kid graduating University) so I haven't had time to really do much with the link.  I'm going to go delete that 40Mhz result... that wasn't any sort of test, just 'first results'.

Don't worry, I take all tests as "first results", not "Official Results" :-)

Let us know if they change something!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing and that is looking great.

Would you be able to show us the spectrum analyser results on that link? 

Could you also please show us the Monitor > Wireless Page. 

Cheers.

Hi,

Could you also please show us the Monitor > Wireless Page. 

Hi.  Here is the Monitor -> Wireless page.

I can't get the Spectrum Analyzer page currently. This is still beta software, and when I enable the Spectrum Analyzer the units get wonky.  I'll do a scan when I'm able and post it here.

I have this link running with live traffic now.  This is the SM/Slave side's Throughput chart, showing that those speed test results above aren't just a 'peak best case', those are repeatable and sustainable speeds. Tthis is a 20 Mhz wide channel and it'll happily carry 160 Mbit aggregate -  125 Mbit download and 35 upload (when set at 75%/25% duty ratio) which is amazing out of a 20 Mhz channel.

2 Likes

And this is another SpeedTest result with over 160 Mbit aggregate throughput in just 20Mhz of bandwidth.  :D

2 Likes

This is great data, ninedd! Thanks for sharing. 

1 Like

Hi, the Force 300-25 is announced with a ingression protection code IP55. Can you share any feedback about the equipment physical conditions after beeing working for a few weeks? In what kind of climate are you using it?

Thank's a lot!

Filipe

I am testing my first Force 300 at 3.75 miles and I can get 97meg down and 45 meg up to the net. My SM side is powered by a CTM-2 and I can not link to my Tik but at 100meg 1000meg hope to see more speed when i change out the CTM. One thing I have ran into is the AP side will stop talking on my LAN side every 24 to36 hours do not know how to fix this do you.

This is a few graphs and stats on a Force300 we're running as a backhaul across town. WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY USING 20 MHZ WIDE CHANNELS ONLY - so very very impressive for only 20 Mhz of spectrum.

So, it was 3 days an 7 hours since I upgraded to Beta 4.1.1-RC6 and rebooted the link.  Over those three days, we have passed about 1.4 Terabytes of data.  Hopefully you can see the rest of the numbers on this screen shot - very few errors or drops or any problems, and 100% 100% quality.

This screen shot below shows that 98.5% of the packets are at the highest modulation - 256QAM.  I also note that the screen show 4 session drops, but this isn't really accurate - I was still configuring and sorting out the power cables, so in the first 1/2 hour after it was aimed, I rebooted and tweaked it a few times. There have actually been 0 drops over the 3 days, 7 hours.

This is the data usage graphs over the last 3 days.  The link is capable of about 120+ Mbit downlink the way we have it configured (75%/25%), but that's more than we are using at peak time currently.  So, we're peaking around 80 Mbit per second sustained every evening, without breaking a sweat it seems.  Again - this is only 20Mhz wide channel, and we will test 40 and then 80 Mhz channels over the next several weeks and I'll post that data at that time.

And as far as Latency, it averages 5ms (in TDD PTP Mode) so that's also pretty cool out of such low cost equipment, and with such early software.  As Cambium completes the features (including ePTP mode) these graphs will likely all only get better - and they are pretty impressive now. :)

2 Likes

ninedd, thank you for your feedback about Force 300-25!
We’re starting to try them and I can confirm they are a good product.
It’s a pity they can’t reach 30dBm output power like Force 180, 190 and 200, but maybe they’ll work on this.

May I ask you what software you use to graph ping times?
Thank you!

@giuseppe4 wrote:
May I ask you what software you use to graph ping times?

Those graphs are with CACTI. There is software that's probably better for Latency graphing (SmokePing?) but CACTI works with our Cambium and non-Cambium products, so we like to use it to have all the graphs for all the gear in one place.

Just to throw in here, it looks like everyone is doing short distance links. We have one setup at 6.25mi (10km) 5220/20mhz at 26dbm the MCS does flucuate from 4-7 on downlink, but we are able to sustain 85-95mbps down and 20-25mbps up. 40mhz at 25dbm we were holding ~140 down and 30 up (do not remember MCS)

We were unable to get 80mhz to link up unfortunately, possibly due to the 18dmb max. 

This is on 4.1.1 full release

Wanted to REreply, found out the fools who mounted the 300 didnt align it properly...

Same 6.25mi (10km) 75/25 mode

5220/20 26dbm MCS locked at DS9/9 @54pl

Throughput 120/36 steady down/up

5220/40 25dbm MCS again locked at DS9/9 @55pl

Throughput 215/75 steady down/up

5210/80 18dbm wasnt clean, MCS DS5-7 over 6 @61pl

Throughput 160-275/50 not steady down/up

1 Like

Cool - thanks for the updated info. :slight_smile: 290 mbit aggregate is pretty cool. :slight_smile:

@Skullzaflare wrote:

Wanted to REreply, found out the fools who mounted the 300 didnt align it properly...

Same 6.25mi (10km) 75/25 mode

@5220/20 26dbm MCS locked at DS9/9 @54pl

Throughput 120/36 steady down/up

@5220/40 25dbm MCS again locked at DS9/9 @55pl

Throughput 215/75 steady down/up

@5210/80 18dbm wasnt clean, MCS DS5-7 over 6 @61pl

Throughput 160-275/50 not steady down/up

Thanks for sharing. Please note that we are not quite there yet in maximizing 80MHz tput. We are still working on this and plan to address in 4.1.2 (very near future)

We didnt have enough clean spectrum to use the 80 to test anyway, we have a lot of 5g backhauls, until we get those moved to 6g we will not have 80 ever lol.

Would be interested to see what kind of throughput we could get on 10mhz if that is ever added

1 Like

OK - on this Force300 link that we installed in April, we just upgraded to 4.1.2-RC14, which adds a number of things, including a Wireless Throughput Test.  We have tested 80 Mhz capacity and I'm pretty impressed.

Channel Width = 80 Mhz
Download = 363 Mbit
Upload = 165 Mbit
Aggregate = 528 Mbit

Channel Width = 40 Mhz
Download = 203 Mbit
Upload = 73 Mbit
Aggregate = 276 Mbit

Force300_ThoughputTest_40Mhz_Aug01_18.jpg