Frequency re-use with 5 radios

We currently have a site with (4) 90deg radios in an ABAB configuration.  One of the sectors is becoming over loaded, and I would like to split it with two 45deg antennas (RF Elements Horns).  I'm planning on leaving the other 3 90deg Cambium sectors on the site, and just replacing the one overloaded sector.  Should i be able to re-use any frequency in this configuration?  If I can get away with using (3) 20mhz channels, or beter even (2) 20mhz channels - that would be great.

Also - any problems with syncing ePMP 1000 with ePMP 2000 on the same site?

You’ll need to use ABABC for your setup. You can only use the same channel 2x with the epmp on a tower. One front, and one back. You could just leave all of your 90 degree sectors up, and aim 1 30 or 40 degreen horn right at your heavy group of users. Cost a little uess to just add one rather than 2. And you can intermix 2000s and 1000s at will. They will sync up. The horns do not have a twist port adapter for the e2ks yet i dont belive

2 Likes

Ok - ABABC is what I expected, thanks!  Right - they aren't making twisport adapters for the ePMP 2000 yet.  I would need to use their 'carrier-class' horns which have N-connectors.  Unfortuantely, it doesn't look like anybody has the 40 deg versions in stock (not even sure if they are shipping yet).  I can only find the 30/60/90deg models.  At this point, it's either sticking with ePMP 1000 and the twistport adapters, or trying to use ePMP2000 with the 30deg 'carrier class' horns to replace the single 90 deg sector.

...or, as you said, leave the 4 90deg sectors up, and just install a 30-40deg horn on a 'C' frequency pointing in the direction that is most dense.  At this point, wouldnt' I need to set preferred-AP's on the SM's?

@JoshB wrote:

Ok - ABABC is what I expected, thanks!  Right - they aren't making twisport adapters for the ePMP 2000 yet.  I would need to use their 'carrier-class' horns which have N-connectors.  Unfortuantely, it doesn't look like anybody has the 40 deg versions in stock (not even sure if they are shipping yet).  I can only find the 30/60/90deg models.  At this point, it's either sticking with ePMP 1000 and the twistport adapters, or trying to use ePMP2000 with the 30deg 'carrier class' horns to replace the single 90 deg sector.

...or, as you said, leave the 4 90deg sectors up, and just install a 30-40deg horn on a 'C' frequency pointing in the direction that is most dense.  At this point, wouldnt' I need to set preferred-AP's on the SM's?

setting preferred AP isn't required, but would give you the balance control.    telling them to use the horn before the sector would keep you leveled out, and let the CPEs lock to the sector if something happened to the horn.