Real-Time Throughput & Packet info for ePMP

@ninedd wrote:

Ok.  I'll email Cambium about a timeline on the 3.0.1 release.  I had fixed the Browser Extension to work locally with Version 3.0, but then the 3.0.1beta came out right after that, and it breaks the Browser Extension again....   so I was kinda wanting for 3.0.1 was finished before I compiled and uploaded a release to the Play Store.

So, I'll check with Cambium - if it's going to be a while yet, then I'll go through doign two releases.  If it's only going to be a few days, then I'll wait till 3.0.1 is completed and then I only have to do one release. :)

Wait. 3.0.1 will be out shortly :)

@Cambium_Sri wrote:
Wait. 3.0.1 will be out shortly :)

OK guys, I've posted a new version of the ePMP GUI+ browser extension for Chrome.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/epmp-gui%2B/pejgccijhoclohbakcgnlefgnepnjpko

I've tested it on my network with Version 2.6.2 and 3.0 and 3.0.1 and it operates as expected for me, so go ahead and update your extensions and let me know any problems  you have.  Or PM me for my address so that you know where to send the alcohol of your appreciation.

2 Likes

Really nice extension, I'm afraid guinness kinda has to be poured fresh to enjoy (anyway it'd probably spill in the envelope if I posted it!) so you'll have to call by if your in Ireland...

Any chance of the source / a version to do the same for PMP450?

Work much appreciated,

Barry

Just found similar for 450:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/Canopy-GUI-Enhancer-Browser-Extension/td-p/53721/highlight/true

Guinness etc offer still stands though!

it will be more friendly if it comes in graphical display.

Thumbs up guys.....................!

@Lightnet_Barry wrote:

Just found similar for 450:

Hi. Yes, I think that's the extension I saw when I was looking to build a ePMP solution, and the ePMP Chrome Estension is based on that.

@Lightnet_Barry wrote:

Guinness etc offer still stands though!

LOL.  I just need to get across the pond first.

Hello ePMP GUI+ users...

OK - Firmware V3.1 has broken the Chrome Extension's display again, but we are workign on a new version.  The programmer has it fixed and it's working in house here, and this is just to let you know that I'll get a version packed and uploaded to the Chrome Web Store shotrly... hopefully in the next day or two.

So - check this link (in the next couple of days) for version 1.4.2 available shortly.  :)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/epmp-gui%2B/pejgccijhoclohbakcgnlefgnepnjpko?hl=en

1 Like

Version 1.4.2 is ready and published in the Chrome Web Store now.  It's compatible with ePMP Firmware Version 3.1 as well as remaining compatible with previous firmware versions.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/epmp-gui%2B/pejgccijhoclohbakcgnlefgnepnjpko?hl=en

2 Likes

Thanks again for the updated version!

Cambium should get behind those developing these addons with some level of development support - both ePMP GUI+ and the Canopy GUI Enhancer extensions are must haves... either that or hire you to develop their own GUI LOL =)

Thank you - and glad that it's helpful for you. :)  Both those extensions are based on some of the same code. When I was working on an ePMP solution, I searched and found the Canopy extension, and out programmer help make that same idea for ePMP.

In my opinion, being able to see all users at a glance, and to know everyone's throughput - it's 100% essential for network management now.  Well over half our calls from people saing ''it's slow today'' are people who have either Dropbox running wild, or have iCloud running wild, or who have Windows 10 doing an update.  Their system isn't slow - it's just busy and they don't know it.  Being able to see the whole AP, all SM's and everyone's throughput is 100% essentail to being abel to manage a netowrk IMHO. :)

The ''ePMP GUI+'' Browser Extension for Chrome version 1.4.2 is available in the Chrome Webstore has been tested with ePMP Firmware 3.1 and with Firmware 3.2 now.

For those that don't know what ePMP GUI+ is, it's an Extension for the Chrome Browser which displays a bit more data than the native ePMP GUI does in the 'MONITOR -> PERFORMANCE' screen.  In particular, rather than just displaying each SM's wireless MAC address and a count of the data and packet info totals going to each connection like the following screen shot...

Monitor_Performance_GUI+_Off.png

ePMP GUI+ canalso can display that information, but with the SM's 'Device Name' displayed under the MAC address, and with the throughput in kbps displayed under the total kbit data

Monitor_Performance_GUI+_kbps.png

ePMP GUI+ can also be set to display all the packet information with Packets per Second and with percentages of Dropped and Retransmitted packets also.

Monitor_Performance_GUI+_kbps_packet_info.png

Compatible with ePMP firmware 3.2 and available now in the Google Chrome Webstore.

4 Likes

Hi all

Just wanted to see if anyone had a chance to test this with ePMP 3.5? We're just doing some upgrades and from what I can tell its not working anymore.

Would appreciate some feedback just in case it is just me!

Cheers!

Hi.  Yes, Sorry - it's broken in 3.5 unfortunately.  Cambium had said that there would be a new version with some quick fixes (like the LAT/LONG bug) and I'll re-write the 'ePMP GUI+' once that new Firmware is out. :)

1 Like

Appreciate the updated status and the extension itself =)

Cheers!

Hello any update on this working with 3.5 and 3.51 ?

Thanks in advance

Hi. Sorry for the delay in replying. Since the forums are broken showing what new posts there are, I didn't see this post until now.

I hadn't updated the extension, because Cambium changes the firmware which breaks the extension. They said they would release a new firmware shortly, so I've been holding off (rather than doing to re-writes back to back).  BUT, if there is no new firmware coming shortly, maybe I should proceed with fixing it.

Also, we are currently still using older firmware, since the new firmware's log the Admin out constantly every couple minutes - they have become useless for monitoring. So we've had to go back to using an older firmware on the AP's.

However, if it'll be a while before the new firmware comes out, I should proceed with writing a new version for 

Hi all, it has been a long time since last update here. Are there any news? We are curently using 3.5.1 but we are really missing epmp gui+.

Since there is no update do we consider it as a dead extension? Could we somehow help keep it alive or pass the management to someone else?

Hi all,

All the parameters introduced in the extension will be seen soon in ePMP AC products by default.

Thank you.

@someone wrote:

Since there is no update do we consider it as a dead extension? Could we somehow help keep it alive or pass the management to someone else?

Hi.  Sorry for the late reply - I didn't see this marked as an unread/new for some reason.  :)  Sorry. :)

In any case, as Fedor mentioned, the new firmware versions have (or will have) the same details in them, so it's likely there will be no need for an updated version of the Browser Extension going forward.  I'll have a look at it once the ePMP3000 & Force300's firmware is a bit more mature and the feature set with the ePMP1000/2000 are synchronized as much as they are going to be... and we'll go from there.  It'd be awesome to have all this data built in and not to require an extension. :) 

1 Like