Several force 200 units wont see 40 mhz wide channels?

Yes 40mhz tab is selected. we have been to a couple of them and all seems actable noise levels. We even turned off 5G on customer routers just in case. I am hoping it is something really simple we are missing but makes no sense that people just as far, further or closer don't have this blind issue?

I think I understand this is what you are looking for?

@accelwireless wrote:

I think I understand this is what you are looking for?

Thank you for provided data.

Yes it is what I was looking for.

RSSI and SNR are good enough to make APs visible for SMs in 40 MHz band as well.

Are you scanning all the scan list for 40 MHz or just frequencies APs operate on?

Thank you.

Here is a screen shot of another customer off same tower as you can see same tower but this one shows 40mhz wide AP’s just fine.

Yes once again i have 40mhz checked in CPE's as well as 5 and 10 mhz just to test that theory as well..

So we are scanning ALL 40mhz channels on scan list by default.

Here is screen shot of suspect radio not working even though 40mhz channels is selected.

Can you please post a screenshot of the bottom of that Configuration -> Radio page of the SM that is affected. I'd like to see the Power Control section. 

What distance is the affected SM at? And what is your max range setting on the AP?

Thanks,

Sriram

The 20Mhz AP is set to 13 miles same as the 40Mhz AP set at 13 miles here is the power setting from the affected radio I have another few but I would have to search for them by turning on 40mhz and wait and see who does not come back up..

This customer is at 5.8 miles.

NOW this is a BIG BIG note for you guys. When we put up our VERY first Ap-2000 on this tower we had a serios issue with many units not associating to the AP that were more then 2 miles. We found that for some reason the AP-2000 when set to certain channels the CPE would not connect or even SEE the AP at all. Not sure if this was a fluke or was somethign in firmware early on but worth noting.

Also the AP that is sety to 40 Mhz Flex 13 miles the furthest customer on that AP is 11.3 miles so its not a distance issue or else I would see the further ones not be able to see the AP as well so I think it has to do with specific hardware issues possibly? I have seen it on the force 110 and on the force 200 units. I have not noticed it on the Force 180's before.

Here is a screen shot of the AP in 40Mhz mode showing distance of some of the CPE..

Hi,

I'll contact you offline to troubleshoot current issue.

Thank you.

I guess I’m confused about cambiems technical support when they ask for remote access. You set it up for them and tell him it’s a live Network don’t make any changes to the customer CPE. I get an email that says can we reboot the CPE. I say okay fine…i have rebooted several times in the last few days without a single issue what could one more reboot do so they can force it to scan for the AP again. gee next email I get from technical support is that they seem to have lost connection to the CPE? I log in from my phone while on the road and sure enough the CPE is no longer connected!!!

I asked specific questions again if anything was changed their response was we were looking at log files and Jason something might have gotten changed accidentally.

How does something get changed accidentally I can only assume they probably forced the SSID into the preferred access point list that it can’t see and saved it. Now I have to drive 2 hours to get to this customer get access to a secure facility to go fix whatever cambium did. I should have known better and been watching what they were doing instead I trusted someone. Guess I won’t make that mistake again now I get to make a four-hour round-trip and hopefully the customer it’s not too pissed off and have me remove everything after spending several hours convincing him we would get it figured out and not have any further issues.

Here are a few things that caught my eye on your last screen shot.  And to qualify myself I have 8ea. EPMP2000 AP's ALL running 40 MGz.  I have one AP with 52 Clients and one with 39 clients and the rest are 20-30 and a couple with 10-20.

1.  We always lock our AP's down to the channels we feel or what we can use never letting the AP try and scan through a bunch of channels it will not ever use.  
  1.  My experience with Cambium is for 40MGz to work on my network I have to lock down the MCS to 13. When I looked at your screen shot you only had 2 SM’s above 13. Again, My experience tells me you are making your AP try and connect at a higher MCS than the QOS wants to connect at.  It also makes the AP renegotiate between the higher and lower MCS.
  1. I set my AP to 75/25 and the Frame size to 2.5MS. This allows my VOIP customers to not have jitter.  So I get the larger amount of AP download needed to support 100 users and not waste it on unused upload.  When I try 75/25 on 20MGz there is NOT enough Upload bandwidth and it messes with everything including VOIP.  I had to go to 40MGz to get my AP’s to let enough bandwidth Through.  50/50 works good on 20MGz but who can live with an AP giving you MAX 40Meg downloads… not me or my customers. 
  1. We are shooting right over both cities that these 8 AP’s are seeing. I have been very impressed with the ‘Channel Filtering’ on the 2000 equipment.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck!

I've seen what appears to be the same thing on all channel widths  and in our case selecting all the frequencies instead of none of the frequencies fixed the problem.  I don't remember what firmware versions we were using at the t ime but I have since got in the habit of selecting all the frequencies as selecting none of the frequencies did not appear to actually always  scan all the frequencies.   

Although another possibility we had a situation where an AP somehow was set to use the wrong freq/channel and at first we couldn't figure out why several customers suddenly could not see that AP when they could see (though at much weaker SNR) other AP's. Turned out the freq/channel the AP had been misconfigured to was the same freq/channel being used by another AP these customer's radios could also see. So basically it was self interference  caused by misconfiguration keeping them from being able to see the AP they should have been able to see.

Here anyway, I have stopped selecting certain frequencies, if for some reason you establish a channel that is not in the selected is a problem and you must restart again. Given that it does not take long to connect I prefer to dial all channels at 20 MHz, which is the channel width I am using.

experiencing the same challenge, i am a first time user of cambium products, but my furst encounter is proving disastrous, i cannot be able to scan ap at all on 40mhz. 

where am i going wrong? am about to give up and stick with the rocket dish m5 which is nit performing well enough?

Hello Jlint,

Sorry for the troubles. Which sw version are you using? Do you see issues when 20MHz channel is used? Are you selecting specific frequencies for the radio to scan? Are your radios configured for a specific country code?

Regards

1 Like

because of the distance 13.7km, we opted for 40mhz, country is kenya(given licence) 

i will try to select the all channels again today and see if we shall manage to scan the other radio.

Hello Jlint,

Thanks for the info. If no frequencies are selected in the SM, it should by default scan all frequencies. As the SM scans, it should list detected APs in the Monitor->Wireless page. If for any reason you still have issues with 40MHz, please try 20MHz as well. Please let us know how it goes.

Regards

i still cannot see my ap at channel 20mhz?

Hello Jlint,

From Configuration->Radio, which Driver Mode is selected for both AP and SM? I am asking because TDD and ePTP drivers are not compatible, so both boards need to be using same driver.

Regards