Will Force 180's used as AP's and SM's pass tagged and untagged packets without altering them?

If I do not configure a management VLAN on the Force 180 acting as an AP and the SM while also not setting any Data VLAN configuration on the SM will tagged and untagged packets flow without being altered or dropped? Please see the attached drawing for details.

Thank you,

Steve

that will work. 

if you do configure a data vlan, it will then be stripped at the SM side, if you configure a managment vlan, they will remain tagged and pass.      if you do decide to have the CPE strip your vlan down the road, you'll need to add your other 2 as members so they can pass.  otherwise what goes in the ap in PTP modes comes out the CPE

Thank you Chris,

I need a bit of clarification. you made this statement  "if you configure a managment vlan, they will remain tagged and pass." If I do not configure a management vlan on the 180 defined as an AP will it pass both tagged and untagged packets all the way through the network and out the sm ethernet?

Thank you,

Steve

If you don’t define any vlan information, all vlans will pass, tagged or untagged

1 Like