clients from either sector cannot hear the opposite sector.

So I was reading a post on gps sync and the cambium rep mentioned. 

4. And the most important part, clients from either sector cannot hear the opposite sector.

What do you do if you have clients that are close to the sector and can hear the other gps synced sector in the 60'S 

Thoughts. 

I assume you're talking about AP's in a back to back frequency reuse situation. There are a few things you could do...

1. Use antennas with a better front to back ratio. A minimum of 30dB is recommended

2. Increase the physical seperatation or add a physical barrier between the two AP's

3. Make sure that the AP's are facing 180 degrees from each other

4. Use a client with a lower gain antenna that are very close to the site/AP's.

5. Stop using back to back frequency reuse, and just add a minimum 5mhz guard band between the channels for the two adjacent AP's

2 Likes

I am referring to back to back setup. I have the ap's 2.4 ghz they are about 15ft apart back to back with cambium epmp 90 degree sectors. Aps are facing 180 exxactly. I am using epmp 1000 11dbi internal antenna clients, the clients are on auto power. I have 4 clients 2 pointed at ap 1 and another 2 clients that are facing ap 2 they are very close to the tower. AP 1 clients see ap 1 around 47 to 52 and also see ap2 at around 70 and same  with the other 2 would maually lowering the tranmit power to like 5 to 10 help?

You could try manually lowering the AP's power a bit. You could also lower the client transmit power level on the AP's as well to something like -60 or -65. Stay on auto power on the clients.

Are you experiencing issues with your setup?

@pgator17 wrote:

I am referring to back to back setup. I have the ap's 2.4 ghz they are about 15ft apart back to back with cambium epmp 90 degree sectors. Aps are facing 180 exxactly. I am using epmp 1000 11dbi internal antenna clients, the clients are on auto power. I have 4 clients 2 pointed at ap 1 and another 2 clients that are facing ap 2 they are very close to the tower. AP 1 clients see ap 1 around 47 to 52 and also see ap2 at around 70 and same  with the other 2 would maually lowering the tranmit power to like 5 to 10 help?

this usually happens when your subscribers are not within the ideal beam width of a sector,   if you use a tilt calculator, it will produce the desired angle to reach those subs, or if you'd like I can help you with it.  I'd need to know the antenna height above sea level, same as the CPEs,  and the distance from the tower.  height above ground level isn't needed.   

when your cpes are within the center beams of your sectors, and they are tilted correctly you may still hear the back sector, but you'll see a larger CNR and it won't matter.  less than 28db will degrade your performance. 

1 Like

Hello pgator17,

Have you tried a LinkPlanner simulation? These antennas have no electrical tilt, so as Chris indicates, your SMs may be falling off the main beam.

Regards