configuration through CLI

Hi cambium people,

I am trying to configure an AP through CLI but I am strugling with some comands.

1) I cant find how to add,modify or remove a MAC Address under the Wireless MAC Filter Table through CLI. Is this possible?

2) If my WPA2 Pre-shared Key contains a special character like "!" (exclamation mark) how should i configure it through CLI? For example if my password is "123456789!" and I do "config set wirelessInterfaceEncryptionKey "123456789!" then after "config commit" command my password becomes "123456789\!" but i dont want this "\" character. How should I type the password that includes a special character through CLI?

3) If I download the editable configuration file from the device and edit it I can see the commands about user passwords under "cambiumSysAccountsTable". In the new version is it possible to configure user passwords through CLI?

1 Like

Hello vmiskos

For the MAC table, yes, you can make modifications thru CLI. Please consider the following scenario.

1. You want to add an entry to the table. Current table is:

[wirelessMACFilterTable ]
[1]

wirelessFilterInfo Test
wirelessFilterMAC 11:22:33:44:55:66

2. To add an entry

config set wirelessMACFilterTable 2 wirelessFilterInfo Test2

config set wirelessMACFilterTable 2 wirelessFilterMAC aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

config commit

3. Now your table looks like this

[1]

wirelessFilterInfo Test
wirelessFilterMAC 11:22:33:44:55:66

[2]

wirelessFilterInfo Test2
wirelessFilterMAC aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

4. Now you want to delete row #1 from your table. Use the command:

config set wirelessMACFilterTable 1 " "

config commit

Notice there is a space between the double-quotes.

5. Now your table look like this

[1]

wirelessFilterInfo Test2
wirelessFilterMAC aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

Notice that previous row #2 has become row#1, after the delete operation.

Hope that helps

3 Likes

Hello vmiskos,

Regarding your Pre-shared key scenario, it looks like the CLI may have an issue handling special characters. We need to investigate but in the meantime, you could use the SNMP support in CLI to do what you want. For example, from CLI, you can do the following:

snmp set -v 2c -c private <IP> .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.3.8.2.4.0 s "123456789!"

snmp set -v 2c -c private <IP> .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.3.0 i 1

snmp set -v 2c -c private <IP> .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.4.0 i 1

snmp get -v 2c -c private <IP> .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.3.8.2.4.0

where <IP> is the IP of the device, or the fallback IP (169.254.1.1) or localhost (127.0.0.1). First command writes the new Pre-shared Key, the next two commands, saves and applies to change to the configuration and the last command, gets the Pre-shared Key, as a verification.

Lastly, CLI cannot change/access the user passwords information. I would encourage you to take a look at cnMaestro, which will allow you to have control over these and other configuration parameters safely.

Regards

2 Likes

Hi Luis,

thank you for your answers.

About Wireless MAC Filter thats exactly what I needed.

I hope you can solve tha CLI special character issue in next releases. 

I know passwords and configuration can be changed from cnmaestro and I do use it. Just wanted to know if something changed about CLI policy. Could that policy change in the future? 

Hello vmiskos,

Unfortunately, I do not believe adding user password management to CLI is on the roadmap, as the Development team is pretty busy with the next generation family of products.

Regards

Hello,

i am back here for one more question. 

So I need to insert in the Wireless Filter table a name next to the MAC address, as we said I need the command

"config set wirelessMACFilterTable 1 wirelessFilterInfo Test1" and like this I insert the text "Test1" for rule number 1. Here all ok.

Now i am trying to insert the text "Jack Daniels" but if I insert the command "config set wirelessMACFilterTable 1 wirelessFilterInfo Jack Daniels" I get Syntax error: Illegal command line.

Then i tried to insert the " character like this: config set wirelessMACFilterTable 1 wirelessFilterInfo "Jack Daniels" but this saves only the name "Jack". 

So the question is how can I insert a space to save it correctly? 

Thanks in advanced