ePMP 1000 SM DHCP turns off

Technical support requested I post this regarding the ePMP 1000 SM radios.

Randomly the LAN side DHCP server disables. I have narrowed this issue down to when storms or power outages/flickers occur. This has happened on a couple radios at different times. The issue has occurred while on older firmware versions and the current version (3.3).

@Snowman117 wrote:

Technical support requested I post this regarding the ePMP 1000 SM radios.

Randomly the LAN side DHCP server disables. I have narrowed this issue down to when storms or power outages/flickers occur. This has happened on a couple radios at different times. The issue has occurred while on older firmware versions and the current version (3.3).

Hi,

Does it becomes disabled in configaration or you see devices cannot obtain IP addresses from it?

Thank you.

It becomes disabled on the configuration page.  All I have to do is re-enable it and save.  No reboot required.

Thank you, we will double check this scenario and revert back to you.

Is only DHCP server option affected? Does other options stay unchanged?

Thank you.

The LAN DHCP server option is the only thing I have noticed changing.

Hi,

We cannot reproduce described issue in our Lab.

Power outage does not cause any changes in configuration.

Are you using any snmp monitoring/configuration tools in your network?

Is it possible wrong snmp command has been sent anddisabled DHCP server?

Thank you.

1 Like

I am not using SNMP on the SM's. The only thing I had done in between times the LAN DHCP turned off was update the firmware.  I did check all the settings after updating the firmware and the customer did not report any issues for days after the firmware upgrade.

Again, this issue has only occured when we had bad electrical storms.

Hi,

From which release have you performed upgrade?

Thank you

I believe I went from 2.6 to 3.2 to 3.3.

Hi,

We have tested several similar scenarious with power feeding outage.

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce the issue.

Please monitor your devices to get more detailed steps in case it will be still reproducible.

Thank you.