ePMP-1000 SM - Selecting Preferred AP's

On a ePMP-1000 SM, if you go to the Monitor and Wireless Tabs - that page will show you all of the ePMP APs that the SM's can see.

If you click on the ADD button under the "Add as Preferred" heading , you can select the "Preferred AP that you want the SM to log onto. 

How do you program the SM to select a Secondary and Tertiary AP's in the event that the primary AP goes down?

Once the SM locks onto a Secondary or Tertiary AP, will it stay locked onto the particular  Secondary or Tertiary AP that if locked onto forever, or will it try periodically to see its Preferred AP is back up and running?

1 Like

Hi Danny,

You can add several prefered APs from Monitor Wireless page and from Configuration Radio page as well. First top AP in table will be Primary, second - Secondary, etc.

Once SM is regestered on AP it will never be switched to another. ePMP does not support passive scanning mechanism.
Today SM will not be registered back to primary AP after it was connected with secondary. Only in case of disconnect because of some other reason.

But we are working now on mechanism which will provide ability to switch back to Primary AP after configurable timeout.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for information, Fedor.

Keep us informed when we should expect the scanning mechanism.

1 Like

Any updates?  I see this topic repeated several times with no resolution and always on roadmap.  This should be fairly simple right?  Have a cron in the SM that does a rescan if not on preferred AP.  Even if timer isn't configurable, at least it would be something.

Hi,

Unfortunately feature is not implemented yet, but still on roadmap.

Thank you.

+1 for passive scanning mechanism. This feature would help me out a lot when upgrading AP firmware to insure everyone hops back on the correct master instead of just going to the next one on the list.

1 Like

@wavenetwireless wrote:
+1 for passive scanning mechanism. This feature would help me out a lot when upgrading AP firmware to insure everyone hops back on the correct master instead of just going to the next one on the list.

yes, yes, yes!!! Such a pain to go through AP's derigestering SM's so they can properly connect to their highest priority AP after AP firmware ugrades...or AP GPS sync lost...etc.