ePMP 1000 country code

Hi,

we have some problems with country code on radio configured as SM in Standard WiFi.

When we connect the SM to non-ePMP AP we have missmatching country code, this problem seems to affect some radio randomly. Our radio get Denmark country code and we are italian, so effect radio link quality.

Those are 2 radio with same  Hardware, Software and Firmware version

File attached.

Your picture file labeled version.png is showing the same radio ( same MAC address) on both sides under 1 & 2.

Thanks, i have edited the image.

Hi,

ePMP devices follow rule that SM always receives Country Code from AP it is registered on.

For Standard Wi-Fi mode additional option was added - Fallback Country Code. It is targetting cases when Standard Wi-Fi AP does't send Country Code in the beacon, so SM operates with Fallback Country Code configured locally.

But in your case I believe SM receives Country Code from AP.

Thank you.

Hi,

both SM are associated to 2 differents AP of same vendor (Repeatit). SM (ePMP 1000) and AP (Repeatit) have same configuration, hardware version and software, I don't know how we can fix it.

Hi,

Could you please let me know which COuntry Code is configured on APs side?

Thank you.

Hi,

both APs are configured as General ETSI. If we try different country code on APs  we have matching country code on SM, but unfortunately we are not able to set our country code. There is a way to force contry code on SM?

Do you mean you cannot set Italy country code in Standard Wi-Fi mode?

Thank you.

Yes, Repeatit's APs doesn't have italian country code as option.

In this case it is not possible to fix Country code on SM. It will always follow AP's Country code in case beacon contains it.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support

1 Like