ePMP 1000 vs 2000

If you don't plan to use the beamforming antenna, what are the differences between the 1000 and 2000?  It's unclear to me whether the dynamic filter works without the beamforming antenna.  I also understand the 2000 has a better processor, but don't know any specifics.  I assume that means more pps?  I've seen numbers of 25k & 30K pps, which I believe is for the 1000.  I haven't found anything on the 2000.

Thanks,

Todd

the filter stops co-band noise without the smart antenna.      it's very helpful when co-locating and GPS is not an option to deal with noise.   we've used them around AF5s when 1000s were having trouble from being installed too close. 

3 Likes

Yep, the filter works without the beamforming antenna.

Whether or not there's any notable difference in PPS, I have no idea. My thinking is that the price difference is small enough that it just makes more sense to go with the ePMP 2000, unless there's another reason not to... like if it's going on a DC site that doesn't have 48v. We still use a lot of ePMP 1000 APs on small sites with omnis, but if it's a new site, or a high noise area, it just makes more sense to me to go with the ePMP 2000. The price difference is small enough that even a minor improvement is worth it.

3 Likes

Thanks Chris and Matthew!  I failed to mention that we are looking to use them with the RF Elements sector which don't have the Twist port for the 2000.  So a little extra cost and not as 'clean' for install.  However, you're right, it's worth the extra to have the filtering.

Todd

Hi, twistport adapter for the 2000 is already available ...

2 Likes

I am aware the ePMP 2000 Antenna will accept the ePMP 1000 Sector radio.

1) Can one enjoy the beam forming benefits using an ePMP 1000 Radio/ AP-Lite/AP-Full ?

2) How do you adjust the ePMP 2000 Antenna between 90 degree and 120 degree settings ?

Thanks.

@SombhaSolutions wrote:

I am aware the ePMP 2000 Antenna will accept the ePMP 1000 Sector radio.

1) Can one enjoy the beam forming benefits using an ePMP 1000 Radio/ AP-Lite/AP-Full ?

2) How do you adjust the ePMP 2000 Antenna between 90 degree and 120 degree settings ?

Thanks.

1) No

2) There are no adjustments. The gain falls as you move away from the center of the antenna and toward one of the edges. At 45 degrees (90 degrees) in either direction, gain has fallen by 3db,  and at 60 degrees in either direction (120 degrees) the gain has fallen by 6db.