When you have installed lambowan antenna, have you covered the rpsma connector on connectorized radio in such way or you preferred to leave at open air?
Hi. We are weatherproofing the heck outta them. We wrap them with Silicon Rubber tape, then electrical tape and then Silicon sealant. That's probably WAY overkill, but we've never used connectorized equipment that has it's connectors on the top before, and we don't know and don't want to underdo it.
All the other connectorized gear we've used either have pigtails which we connect and weatherproof, or they've had their RPSMA connectors on the bottom inside a cover. So, we've never had an exposed RPSMA connector on the top before and don't really know what to expect long term, so we're wrapping the heck outta them.
Maybe Cambium can comment on what they recommend we should do with those top mounted connectors?
Why don't you just change the QoS for that client to you Custom Package set at 100 Mbps Up and Down? That would get you your full test results. Then afterwards, set the radio back to the QoS package they are paying for and test again to ensure that the QoS is working?
Yes, of course. But thats a bit cumbersome, disruptive and time consuming. That is what we do now, but it's not something we can test while a customer is online working, since making those changes back and forth will disrupt the client. It's not that big of a deal, but if wishes were fishes, I'd like to be able to do a bandwidth test and bypass QOS. With our older non-Cambium gear, it's doing it's QOS just on the CPE's ethernet, so when we test over the air throughput tests, we get the full air capacity speed, even while the client is restricted on their ethernet to X/mbit.
By the way - just an update on this particular client. The brand of gear we had there previously was the same signals, the same frequency, the same height, and the same antenna type... all we did was swap from that brand over to ePMP and power it up. Their performance went from 'half time sometimes kinda working, half time not working' to 'works flawlessly all the time', and they only call us now to pay their bill.
Their old gear used to have multiple re-registrations every day, and pretty much not usable for them in the evenings - and I just checked now and they have a 24 DAY session uptime, which is since the last power outage in their area.
Translate that into man hours - July 2016 until now, with zero support calls and zero truck rolls, instead of phone support talking to them all the time, and instead of sending out a tech several more times with no solution. This Jyly 2016 service call/upgrade was basically the last time we spent a dime or a minute on them. Translate that into dollar savings. :)