ePMP 2000 AP reporting power issue

I have two 2000 APs on our tower. Both are plugged into a Netonix AC powered switch.  Both are running firmware 3.1

Starting today, I see this message when I log in:

16:57:27 If a different power supply than Cambium Power Supply is used and "Generic Power Supply" is indicated on the dashboard, please make sure that the power supply wattage is a minimum of 20 watts.

That switch is able to do 36 watts per POE output.  I've never seen this message before and am not sure why it started showing up today? Nothing was updated on our end anywhere.

Hi,

Unfortunately it is known issue and it is already under investigation.

Sometimes ePMP2000 cannot distinguish PoE type in proper way.

For now just skip this warning in case you are sure wattage of your power supply meets the requirements.

Thank you.

1 Like

We also have 2 ePMP 2000 APs that are reporting the same thing at one site, but they are both plugged into factory provided PoE units that came with the radios.

Also should mention that one of the APs has reset itself back to defaults twice now in the last month which has me very concerned.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

@rkeating wrote:

We also have 2 ePMP 2000 APs that are reporting the same thing at one site, but they are both plugged into factory provided PoE units that came with the radios.

Also should mention that one of the APs has reset itself back to defaults twice now in the last month which has me very concerned.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

We have an ePMP2000 that intermittently reports its factory POE as '802.11at' but usually 'generic'.  As long as it runs OK I decided not to worry about it.

Regarding the default, have you disabled default-via-power-blinking?  Got to Tools->Backup/Restore, and disable "Reset Via Power Sequence", save.  Granted it shouldn't be an issue if your power is stable, but that's really the only explanation I can conceive of for it resetting to defaults on its own.  (we had a few SMs and then a BH and an AP bitten by that, then rolled out disable of that feature to all radios)

j

1 Like

will try that, thanks for the suggestion.

My only concern is that if we now have to reset the unit for some reason, it won't be possible via the power sequence.. What other options are there if the GUI is not accessible and "reset via power sequence" is disabled?

Presumably if the GUI is inaccessible and you're looking to factory default, you'll be in a position to use the physical default button on the radio.

j

Hello, I watched this even when using the original Cambium POE if I used an unshielded TP cable. After changing the cabling behind the shield, everything is fine.