ePMP 2000 DOA?

Hi. I was setting up an ePMP 2000 GPS AP today, and it came out of the box with V3.0 RC_something (maybe RC7) and also reporting a ''serious hardware problem'' in the logs.  I figured it was an old beta firmware and so upgraded it to 3.4 and it booted back up (much faster, much better) but it still reported the 'serious hardware problem' in the logs.

So, I powered it down and moved it back to the bench, and when I plugged it back in - this is all that happens now. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlVoDU5U3Bw
3 Likes

Lmfao at your epmp man.

Have you tried to do a tftp recovery ? Directions in the knowledgebase.

Also if it fails to boot so many times on a given image, it will try the backup but will take 10 failed attempts I believe

1 Like

Hi.  No, I haven't tried the TFTP recovery.  I'll read through that and maybe give that a try.

And , I know right?  ePMP Man was pretty upset.  Poor fellow - it was like one of his kids died or something.  Tragic.

@ninedd wrote:

Hi. I was setting up an ePMP 2000 GPS AP today, and it came out of the box with V3.0 RC_something (maybe RC7) and also reporting a ''serious hardware problem'' in the logs.  I figured it was an old beta firmware and so upgraded it to 3.4 and it booted back up (much faster, much better) but it still reported the 'serious hardware problem' in the logs.

So, I powered it down and moved it back to the bench, and when I plugged it back in - this is all that happens now. :(

Very nice video. First time I've seen ePMP man do that. Broke my heart. 

Like Chris said, I'd let it fail to boot 10 times by just leaving it powered on for 20-30 minutes and see if it recovers. Also try a factory default via the reset button (press and hold the reset button for about 12 seconds and let go). if none of this helps, please contact support and RMA the radio. 

Thanks,

Sriram

2 Likes

Well - at least I can now ping it and log into it again.  BUT, it still reports issues...

The Device Initialization says -7

and the Notification Log still says 'a major failure occured' and also complains about the power supply.  The power supply IS the 56v Cambium power supply (this was a freshly unboxed unit).

ePMP2000_Notifications.jpg

However - I haven't tried another power supply, just to see if this one happens to be wonky and maybe that's causing the other problems.  It's nearly 3AM now - so I'll try that later and that'll either fix things, or I'll have to RMA it I guess.

So what does the Device Initialization -7 mean?

I believe this is a FPGA init failure. 

Regards

1 Like

Luis wrote: I believe this is a FPGA init failure. 

Hi.  So what do I do then?  I've had a chat session with support, and they directed me to:

Try resetting via the reset button (which I'd already tried)
Try resetting via the on/off/on/off sequence (which I did't expect to be any different, and it didn't help)

Try it with a 30v power supply from an ePMP1000 (which didn't boot up)

Do I just email support back again, or do I go back to the distributor in Canada for replacement?

@ninedd wrote:

Luis wrote: I believe this is a FPGA init failure. 

Hi.  So what do I do then?  I've had a chat session with support, and they directed me to:

Try resetting via the reset button (which I'd already tried)
Try resetting via the on/off/on/off sequence (which I did't expect to be any different, and it didn't help)

Try it with a 30v power supply from an ePMP1000 (which didn't boot up)

Do I just email support back again, or do I go back to the distributor in Canada for replacement?

Please contact support and RMA the radio. Show them this thread. Alternately, you can contact your distributor as well. They may be able to RMA it for you. 

1 Like