ePMP 2000 GPS firmware version not available.

I upgraded an epmp 2000 ap to 3.5.1  After upgrading, the GPS firmware was outdated, so I loaded the 3.5.1 firmware to the GPS upgrade. After upgrading and rebooting, I have no gps. The firmware version says 'Not available'. and there is no box available to attempt reloading the gps firmware. 

gps.PNG

Hi,

Please try to reboot radio via power feeding and then check whether it tracks satellites.

Thank you.

I have power cycled it twice after a gui reboot to no avail.

I upgraded to 3.5.1 as well. I am seeing the same issue with the firmware upgrade for GPS on the ePMP 1000. I do not see GPS firmware available on the download page. current GPS firmware is AXN_3.20_8174.

Here is the notification I received on the AP: 08:41:24 On-Board GPS Chip requires a firmware upgrade. Please go to the Tools->Software Upgrade->GPS Firmware Upgrade subsection to perform the upgrade.

1 Like

@rkg1275 wrote:

I upgraded to 3.5.1 as well. I am seeing the same issue with the firmware upgrade for GPS on the ePMP 1000. I do not see GPS firmware available on the download page. current GPS firmware is AXN_3.20_8174.

Here is the notification I received on the AP: 08:41:24 On-Board GPS Chip requires a firmware upgrade. Please go to the Tools->Software Upgrade->GPS Firmware Upgrade subsection to perform the upgrade.

Hi, 

There is no seperate GPS firmware file on the download page. Use the same tar.gz file used for the software upgrade, i.e. ePMP-GPS_Synced-v3.5.1.tar.gz.

Thanks,

Sriram

@jschaefer wrote:

I have power cycled it twice after a gui reboot to no avail.

Can you please open a support ticket? It will be good to have our support engineers troubleshoot this. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Hi guys

Same problem on 3 of your ePmP 2000. Did log a ticket but was told to do RMA

Please assist as this units are out of warranty period.

Kind regards

I have the same problem and did not get it. I have to send a complaint

Hi all,

Please open new ticket with Cambium Support Team tomorrow in case Not Available is displayed on UI instead of GPS FW version.

Most likely GPS FW upgrade was terminated or finished not properly, so GPS FW recovey is required through CLI.

I will provide Support Team with GPS FW recovery from root CLI instruction today.

Thank you.

1 Like

I Fedor, I have a similar problem. After upgrading to version 3.5.1, it does not show possibilities of updating the GPS chip. I already made two powercycle but it does not unlock anything. How can I open a ticket? Best Regards

Hi,

Your GPS chip is running the latest FW version AXN_1.51_2838. You don’t need to upgrade it.
Please find more information in Knowledge Base.
http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Troubleshooting/ePMP-GPS-Firmware-Upgrade/m-p/81413#M25

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Fodor,

I've just upgraded all of our APs to 3.5.1 and am seeing the message about GPS firmware upgrade required.

GPs is AXN_3.20_8174

Can you confirm there is no known issue before I upgrade GPS?

I would rather not have to do a bunch of truckrolls and RMAs.

Thanks.

Hello Barry,

I can assume you are located not in APAC region, so upgrade is not mandatory required.

Please find more information on following link:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/GPS-Firmware-Upgrade/td-p/34553

There is no known issues with the lates GPS FW, but upgrade takes up to 10-15 minutes.

Thank you.

Also having the same issue. Do I need to RMA?

Same problem here.

Can you post the GPS FW CLI instructions here?

Hello,

If you have the GPS not reporting firmware version issue (showing as NA in the GUI), the GPS chip needs to be re-flashed. The procedure cannot be done from the GUI, but only as "root". Only Cambium support personnel can help you with this. Please submit a support request (go here, login and submit a request from the button on the upper right side of the page) so that a support team member can help you.

Regards

2 Likes

i have submitted my request

after upgrading the thing just went blank n just says gps us uptodate but nowhere to upgrade it

pretty new to cambium still learning the loops

@express wrote: pretty new to cambium still learning the loops

Well, I hate to LOL, but LOL. :)  You're new to Cambium and you've hit a pretty rare (as in, I've never heard it happen kinda rare) problem.  :)  I'm sure Cambium support will get your fixed away, and not to worry - something this serious is pretty rare.  :)

I just got the same error while upgrading from 3.5 to 3.5.6 and when tried to upgrade GPS software. The error shown was that there was a error communicating with GPS. I already contacted Cambium Support.