ePMP 2000 Sectors

So, we just recieved the new ePMP2000 sector antennas in to stock. I am wondering if we would be better off if we deployed them with our ePMP1000s or wait for the 2000?  IF anyone has had positve/negative experiances with them?  And if there is a way to tell the differance  between the 90deg and 120deg model?

1 Like

Hello,

The new Cambium Sector Antenna Model C050900D021A can be used for both 90deg or 120deg deployments.

3dB Beamwidth - Azimuth: 90deg

6dB Beamwidth - Azimuth: 120deg

Regards

2 Likes

Is this set in the radio or some where on the antenna?

@sherwoodj28 wrote:

So, we just recieved the new ePMP2000 sector antennas in to stock. I am wondering if we would be better off if we deployed them with our ePMP1000s or wait for the 2000?

They should be better with any 5Ghz deployment - so yes, I'd deploy them with my ePMP1000's.  They basically have a bit better specs, a bit better F/B ratio for example - so IMHO there shouldn't be any downsides to deploying them with any existing ePMP1000 AP's. There is nothing to set in the AP or to adjust on the sector.

1 Like

Hello,

No, it is just the physical characteristics of the antenna.

Regards

@Luis wrote:

Hello,

The new Cambium Sector Antenna Model C050900D021A can be used for both 90deg or 120deg deployments.

3dB Beamwidth - Azimuth: 90deg

6dB Beamwidth - Azimuth: 120deg

Regards

I'm programming our first 2000.  Just so I'm understanding this  right we just need to put in the Antenna Gain section on our 2000 that the gain of the antenna is 3dB if we want it to be a 90deg sector? Likewise 6dB if we want it to be a 120 degree sector.

stjoewireless wrote:

I'm programming our first 2000.  Just so I'm understanding this  right we just need to put in the Antenna Gain section on our 2000 that the gain of the antenna is 3dB if we want it to be a 90deg sector? Likewise 6dB if we want it to be a 120 degree sector.

No, '3dB width' means that at the edges of a sector that wide (90 degrees in this case) the signal will be about 3dB weaker than the maximum signal in the center.  6dB is the wider angle, telling you that the signal will roughly be 6dB weaker than the center at edges of that 120 degree sector.  Strictly speaking, you could specify  the 12dB beam width, probably somewhere around 140 degrees, but there's little point in that.

The actual gain of the antenna is more like 18dB per the spec sheet.

j

3 Likes

how i configurate 90 or 120 deg  on ePMP2000 5Ghz radio , my antenna work on both 3db and 6db . thank you

@ewsd1964 wrote:

how i configurate 90 or 120 deg  on ePMP2000 5Ghz radio , my antenna work on both 3db and 6db . thank you

You do not and can not change the configuration/programming of the radio for this. The 90 and 120 deg is an electrical property of the antenna set by the physical design of the antenna, as is the 3db and 6db. At 90 deg, the gain is down by 3db, at 120 deg the gain is down by 6db. Our real world tests show the gain is down more than 6db at 120 degrees, but that is another story for another day. The only way to change these parameters is to electrically or physically modify the antenna.