ePMP Force 180 restarting every few hours

Hello,

On one site I have two Force 180 in ePMP mode which are restarting few times per day. On both of them is latest firmware 3.1, and if I run on "debug crashlog" on client there is nothing, eventhough it's restarting and on AP in ePTP Master mode I have attached debug log.

<0>[  337.190000] Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt

Hi,

Could you please check crashlog several times in row after several restarts to be sure same crash happens every time?

Thank you.

Of course, I'm waiting for next crash.

At the moment system is up for 15 hours and 39 minutes.

I had few more restarts but there is no crashlog, I need to note that I recently replaced ePMP 1000 with Force180. They are working on same cables and with ePMP 1000 I had uptime for over 150 days.

The whole crash log thing is BS! I have never been able to get a crash log it always says no such file.

How can you get a crash log if the unit reboots!!!! only way to do it is run a remote logging server and you might get lucky. We had one doing reboots randemly 10-15 times a day we tried everything. We threw it away and put in a new one problem solved!

We have been experimented same behaviour in almost 15 Force 180(random reboot, no crashlog) and replace the unit solved the problem. I guess there is another topic about this.

I was waiting for new firmware and I see it's out, I will try if this will solve the problem.

I will report here if it will work again and I hope I will not have to replace device.

It is still early but looks like device restarts were fixed with firmware 3.2.

My current uptime: 1 day, 1 hour, 17 minutes, 18 seconds but I will see tomorrow under load if this issue is fixed. Also in changelog of 3.2 there was nothing regarding reboots and fixes.

1 Like

Glad to hear issue seems to be fixed.

Please keep us updated.

Thank you.

I think this is solved.

2 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes, 37 seconds

Hi,

Please look at the following issue which is describing the same issue and indicates what was fixed:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/Force-180-ePTP-Master-rebooting-every-24-hours/m-p/62476

In 3.1 days was not shown in the "System Uptime" field.

Dan

@Daniel Sullivan wrote:

Hi,

Please look at the following issue which is describing the same issue and indicates what was fixed:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/Force-180-ePTP-Master-rebooting-every-24-hours/m-p/62476

In 3.1 days was not shown in the "System Uptime" field.

Dan

I was aware of this issue but that wasn't my problem, but like I said 3.2 fixed random reboots which I had 2-3 times a day.

Sorry I didn't replied before but forum design was broken in Firefox.

1 Like