ePMP Force 300 Backward comparability.

Hi All,

I have been informed that Cambium are developing software for the Force 300 to be able to connect into a ePMP 802.11n Series AP.

I know people have mixed feeling about this, but I believe this is a great move by Cambium.

This will allow those inclined, to start preparing clients for the ePMP3000 a lot sooner.

The company I work for installs quite a lot of clients per week so this will make a HUGE difference to us. I hope this helps others also.

Edit: 

P.S Thank you Sakid for making this happen :)

Great work Cambium

2 Likes

Awesome!

Being able to switch to the 300 sooner will give us a larger boost when the 3000 is here. Thanks Cambium!

nice ...but ....when will we have a connectorized version for our PTP ???

2 Likes

Waking up an old topic here but is there any timeline one when we will be able to connect the force300 to our ePMP1000 and 2000 aps? It would be nice to start using them now so we don't have to purchase too many more force200s and end up with an even larger grave yard of older gear.

1 Like

@JLoewen1 wrote:

Waking up an old topic here but is there any timeline one when we will be able to connect the force300 to our ePMP1000 and 2000 aps? It would be nice to start using them now so we don't have to purchase too many more force200s and end up with an even larger grave yard of older gear.

Hi,

Forward compatibility will be introduced in 4.2 Release.

We are going release 4.2 in August.

It will be common release for 802.11n and 802.11ac products.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Fedor.