ePMP Force 300 backwards compatability and ePMP 3000 realese notes

Hi Cambium,

Enquiring firstly about the new AC Wave 2 Force 300's. I know that the plan is to allow backwards compatability, but as of now does the current software version support it?

Also, do we have any details about the release time of the ePMP 3000's?

Thanks.

Hello daball,

I believe the backward compatibility with Legacy ePMP products only applies to ePMP3000 (ePMP3000 sector with Legacy ePMP clients). Current BETA Force 300 software only supports PtP links (two Force 300, one as a Master and one as a Slave).

Regards

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/ePMP-Force-300-Backward-comparability/m-p/80959 and http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/Force-300/m-p/82524 seem to indicate that it WILL be able to register to an ePMP1000/ePMP2000 AP with upcoming firmware.  I can't speak for everyone here obviously, but I'd consider that a significant selling point - we're far more likely to flesh out an existing sector with Force300 clients THEN upgrade to ePMP3000 (especially considering unknown availability for ePMP3000) than we are to roll out ePMP3000 sectors everywhere, THEN start upgrading clients.

j

1 Like

newkirk wrote: we're far more likely to flesh out an existing sector with Force300 clients THEN upgrade to ePMP3000, than we are to roll out ePMP3000 sectors everywhere, THEN start upgrading clients.

^^ YES THAT ^^

1 Like

Yes, I stand corrected. There are plans to support Force 300 connectivity to ePMP1000/2000 APs.

Regards

1 Like

Just curious to know if there is any known update on the release timelines for the upcoming firmware?

Also, from Training perspective, what would you suggest to add as a few slides before the release to update on the features etc.

Hey, at this point I'll take whatever, Cambium.  Bring on the AC wave 2 so we can kick some ass!

Hi am wondering why the force 300 can only do a channel bandwidth 20 instead of  40 or 80, that does not allow it do enough bandwidth that is required of the device or is there where I can upgrade the firmware and have it go beyond the 20MHz ? on the website what I could find was just the 3.51 do I have to enroll as a beta tester to be able to download something better ? please I need to know.

thanks 

Hello Tapiya,

At the moment, we only have BETA software available here. You need to register as a BETA user to have access to it. It is recommended to upgrade the sw to a BETA load to have additional functionality and better performance.

Regards