ePMP Release 3.2.1 is now available

Looks like DFS has been resolved, according to release notes? Are there any lingering DFS issues we should be aware of?

@Au Wireless wrote:

Looks like DFS has been resolved, according to release notes? Are there any lingering DFS issues we should be aware of?

There were two FCC types that were falsing - Type 1 and Type 5. We believe Type 5 is completely solved. For Type 1, we worked with 3 different customers (much appreciate thier help!) and have made vast improvements in 3.2.1 with Type 1 falsing. We don't believe it is 100% solved so if you still see falsing in 3.2.1, please reach out to us so we can dig in further. 

Thanks,

Sriram

3 Likes

Does this fix the issue with not being able to reboot the unit from GUI or SSH and requiring a manual power off? Or the issue with SNMP not reporting correclty - can't see a mention of either in the release notes.

GUI speed. Oh. My. God.

AND I can configure NAT mode DHCP as a one address pool?!?

Dang, now I have to put my pitchfork, torch and riot gear away.

5 Likes

I am glad to see PL quality is back from 2.6.1! 

(on one radio, all firm above 2.6.1 PL of 82, 261 and 321 shows 74PL)

Only issue i have noticed (only flashed one radio for testing) the radio on reboot for update, never came back. Had to have the customer hard power cycle it. We flashed back to 2.6.1 shortly after just in case.

I would also like to know if the issue with unable to reboot devices through GUI/SSH has been fixed specifically before upgrading, but can't see a mention of these specifically.

1 Like

This issue is not fixed yet in 3.2.1.

We are doing our best to solve it as soon as possible.

Sorry for inconveniences.

Thank you.

I loaded 3.2.1 on my test network and I am now unable to log into the epmp1000 i loaded it on. I am able to get the login screen but when i type in the username and password the menu bar will flash breifly and I will see the menu buttons and it will bring me right back to the login. I am able to SSH into the unti just fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

@Ben Backus wrote:

I loaded 3.2.1 on my test network and I am now unable to log into the epmp1000 i loaded it on. I am able to get the login screen but when i type in the username and password the menu bar will flash breifly and I will see the menu buttons and it will bring me right back to the login. I am able to SSH into the unti just fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes. Several times now. Reboot it from SSH and it should be OK.

And now twice I've seen this. Once with an ePMP1000 GPS AP and a brand new ePMP2000 AP, so it doesn't seem h/w related. Updated the 1000 from 2.6.2.1 and the 2000 from 3.0-RC-something and they get stuck in "board is in rebooting state" or whatever that message is. Luckily these were both on the bench and I just power-cycled them.

Tried that , I either have to plug in directly behind the radio and use deffault IP, or have a pc on the subnet as the device to talk to it. Im trying to narrow it down now what is doing it, so far I've ruled out the firewall. Also everytime the login fails  ... the AP percieves it as succesful and creates a logged in user. Have tried this with multiple browers and OS, so I do not think it is software related.

@Ben Backus wrote:

Yes

Rebooting from SSH doesn't help in my case.

If I downgrade the AP back to 3.1 via CNSS Server, I can log back in again

Opened a support case with cambium on version 3.2, and they said this would be fixed by 3.2.1, but 3.2.1 still has this issue also.

Yeah, downgrading does fix it.  I am going to leave 3.2.1 on the AP in case cambium wants to troubleshoot anything, since its kind of a deal breaker for upgrading anything past 3.1 at this point.

-B

Hi Ben, Justin,

Actually described issue is not in the list of known issues.
I would be really appreciate it if you could send me e-mail at fedir.trutsko@cambiumnetworks.com.
Then we will schedule troubleshooting activities.

Thank you.

I've got the same issue now on a Force 180 SM.  A few days after taking the entire tower to 3.2.1, I lost all access to an SM.  It is online, passing traffic and doing its job but cnMaestro thinks it is down and I can't get at the web interface.

Sadly, I have SSH turned off for most of our SMs for security reasons.  Dumb mistake.

Does this mean I now need to visit this subscrober and physically plug into the radio to fix this?

Most likely this issue is related to snmpd. It is known issue in 3.2.1 release and we are doing our best to fix it asap.
Sometimes snmpd hangs and the only known workaround is to reboot device via power feeding.
However sometimes snmpd may restar and issue will be fixed after that.

So I’d like to recommend you to wait for one day and then if issue will not be solved reboot device.
Sorry for inconveniences.

Thank you.

I'm guessing this also explains why a 1000 GPS AP running 3.2.1 stopped reporting any SNMP data until a reboot?

Hmm..i might agree with SNMPD but why would putting a device on the same subnet fix the problem. I have emailed you if you want to do any further troubleshooting.

-Ben

Hi Ben

Please, check this if it could help

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/About-13228-problem-Web-management-interface-not-accessible/m-p/63807#M8938

1 Like

Yes that  works, that also explains why the laptop is able to connect direct behind it, since I was  typing the IP directly. They must of changed something with the headers they are using in version 3.2

Thank you for performed investigation.
We will check and fix this issue asap.

Thank you.

1 Like