ePMP Release 3.3 is now available.

Correction - it does look like the problem is limited to Force200 radios, not Force180 as I previously stated.  We had a few brought back to the shop after techs replaced them on service calls.  Two nights ago I downgraded 520 SMs from 3.3 back to 3.2.2 and we were able to close about 20 open service tickets that were rooted in the reboots.

j

We see it on both tpes of radios. We have not confirmed it yet on the older force 110 radios? but for sure on both 180 and 200 units.

has anyone been able to "unbrick" a force 200 radio that possibly failed to load firmware and rebooted during the downgrade. Would a TFTP client possibly work? I have one here at my desk I am going to play around with and see what it is doing. Wish it had a monitor output heheheh..

@accelwireless wrote:

We see it on both tpes of radios. We have not confirmed it yet on the older force 110 radios? but for sure on both 180 and 200 units.

has anyone been able to "unbrick" a force 200 radio that possibly failed to load firmware and rebooted during the downgrade. Would a TFTP client possibly work? I have one here at my desk I am going to play around with and see what it is doing. Wish it had a monitor output heheheh..

HI,

TFTP recovery works properly starting 2.6.2 Release.

Please find link to guide how to perform it.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Troubleshooting/Recovery-of-flash-corrupted-ePMP-devices-caused-due-to-power/m-p/54712

Thank you.

Thats great but it talks abotu extracting the BIN file. When I use my "extraction software" to find the .bin file in the tar.gz file all it finds is another .tar file? where do we locate the .bin file???? or are you simply renaming the .tar file to .bin?

@accelwireless wrote:

Thats great but it talks abotu extracting the BIN file. When I use my "extraction software" to find the .bin file in the tar.gz file all it finds is another .tar file? where do we locate the .bin file???? or are you simply renaming the .tar file to .bin?

Hi, 

You have to untar the .tar file which will then list all the files. One of the files will be the firmware.bin file. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

Okay extract tar.gz then .tar.

I found it and it worked I was able to recover this unit so we can put it back into production.

Thank you this is good info to know when we come across other ones if it happens again.

1 Like

Anyone else seeing issues on 3.3? We have been running a few force 200 and force 180 on it and so far no reboots but I dont want to keep putting it out in the wild if its going to cause customers issues.

Right now the installers are still getting SM's with it on them.

Cambium should we role back to 3.2?

@Brandon Yuchasz wrote:

Anyone else seeing issues on 3.3? We have been running a few force 200 and force 180 on it and so far no reboots but I dont want to keep putting it out in the wild if its going to cause customers issues.

Right now the installers are still getting SM's with it on them.

Cambium should we role back to 3.2?

Hi Brandon,

For now we didn't observe reboot issue with 3.3 Release.

Several cases were solved with hardware replacement and hardware issue has been confirmed.

Thank you.

We saw probably 15-20 clients impacted by this. (out of about 500 using ePMP) The first several we rolled trucks and replaced the radios, but for the remainder their troubles were solved by downgrading to 3.2.2.

So you're saying those are all hardware problems that were exposed by 3.3?

j

@newkirk wrote:

We saw probably 15-20 clients impacted by this. (out of about 500 using ePMP) The first several we rolled trucks and replaced the radios, but for the remainder their troubles were solved by downgrading to 3.2.2.

So you're saying those are all hardware problems that were exposed by 3.3?

j

Hi Joel,

We need to investigate your perticular case to make any conclusions.

I will contact you via e-mail.

Thank you.

We've updated all our ePMP to 3.3 and see some cases where epmp reboot

>debug crashlog
Crashlog not found

Any news on this problem?

Hi Mirko,

I've sent letter to you at e-mail address specified in your account.

Thank you.

Thanks Fedor,

I answered your mail

Answer of my ticket

"We do know about this issue on force 180 but as you have mentioned force 200 as well I need to report this. It looks like a software bug"

So, why you don't remove 3.3 from download area considered as a stable version?

When I first read about this issue we stopped depoloying 3.3. I have been waiting for Cambium to release more details about it before we put it into production. Right now the last truely stable firmware was 2.6.2.1 which is what we are still running. I really would like to run something in the 3.x firmware to take advantage of the faster GUI and a few other fetures.

3.2.2 is pretty stable as far as i know. 

Snmp sometimes crashes, but can be rebooted via cnmaestro (in 3.2.0 power cycle was the only way).

the  3.4 fix-list is a bit elevate-centric, but still, i think the way is skip 3.3 and focus on 3.4 for now.

How about we get bullet points for each release of what's changed.

@Mike Hammett wrote:

How about we get bullet points for each release of what's changed.

You mean like the "Defect Fixes" and "Known Problems" sections in the Release Notes PDF for each release?  :)

j

1 Like

Those should be organized better. Defect fixes should be the very first thing in the release notes.

Dear All,

Can this 3.3 ePMP Release work with Cambium F300-25 ?

Thanks for your reply.