ePMP Release 3.4.1 is now available

Hello GhostRideDaWisp,

Thank you for update on this issue.
For now we are not aware of any issues with GPS firmware.
We had issue with GPS FW in the past with old GPS chip and first GPS FW version.
But it was fixed by GPS firmware upgrade.
But in case you see issue on ePMP2000 it should be something different.
Do you have device we can investigate this issue on?
You can contact me at fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks.com

Thank you.

I should have said that we have experienced the GPS problem on two different 2.4 Ghz ePMP-1000 with 3.3 firmware.

Yes reboot problem definately not solved. I have sm's that are in the same boat, reboots constantly. 

@pgator17 wrote:

Yes reboot problem definately not solved. I have sm's that are in the same boat, reboots constantly. 

Hello,

Did you check whether crash log is saved on devices which experiencing reboot?

Thank you.

@Danny Ray Boyer wrote:

I should have said that we have experienced the GPS problem on two different 2.4 Ghz ePMP-1000 with 3.3 firmware.

Hi Danny,

Could you please provide screenshot from Tools -> Software Upgrade page.

Thank you.

Too late.....

We upgraded to 3.4.1 (when it first came out) in both 2.4 GPS ePMP-1000 AP's and have not seen the problem since.  

With 3.3 firmware, we would periodically catch each 2.4 GPS not generating GPS sync.  We would switch to internal sync, reboot and they would go back to transmitting. 

Later, we would log back in, switch back to GPS sync, reboot and each would transmit for a while. 

Back and forth......

It was time to try something different - therefore the move to 3.4.1. 

To the best of my knowledge, we never saw the same problem on multiple 5 Ghz GPS ePMP-1000 AP's that we have installed at multiple locations.

Everything that we have has now been upgreaded to 3.4.1.

1 Like

Just upgraded firmware about 3 hours ago

In order to re-loging after upgrade need to use different browser or clean cache - waste of time.

Trying get back from spectrum analyzer to AP get stuck

Tried to reboot from web interface and by disconnecting power and stays on spectrum analyzer

No bueno

I have the same problem going from spectrum to AP.   I was able to go from spectrum to SM, then SM to AP.

Hi,

Could you please send me configuration file from device you were not able to switch back to AP mode for investigation.

My e-mail address: fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks(dot)com

Thank you. 

Reboot problem  = HW problem not SW. Change unit.

This release was not stable for us.  We upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4.1 in hopes of ridding ourselves of the SNMP crashes but with 3.41, we had issues with the AP rebooting on it own and the SM's were loosing sessions randomly.  Downgraded to 3.2.2 and 24 hours without a problem.  In my opinion all the Elevate upgrades should stay on their own separate firmware.  Seems like a lot of issues once Elevate arrived. 

1 Like

@Nathan Dothager wrote:

This release was not stable for us.  We upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4.1 in hopes of ridding ourselves of the SNMP crashes but with 3.41, we had issues with the AP rebooting on it own and the SM's were loosing sessions randomly.  Downgraded to 3.2.2 and 24 hours without a problem.  In my opinion all the Elevate upgrades should stay on their own separate firmware.  Seems like a lot of issues once Elevate arrived. 

Hi Nathan,

Could you please provide more inforamtion regarding both issues.

We are not avare of any issues related to AP reboots or SMs disconnects on 3.4.1 Release.

I would be really grateful if you could check crash log for Reboot issue and gather System log from AP and SM for disconnects issue.

Both issues can be caused because of extarnal factors which are not releated to FW.

Thank you in advance.

@Fedor wrote:
Please clear cookies and cache in your Chrome browser to avoid issues with log in procedure.

Hi. Is there any other work around to this, or do you know of a way to selectively clear just the cookies and cache that is affecting the ePMP logings?

I really really don't want to clear all my Cookies and lose that data if it's avoidable.

@ninedd wrote:

@Fedor wrote:
Please clear cookies and cache in your Chrome browser to avoid issues with log in procedure.

Hi. Is there any other work around to this, or do you know of a way to selectively clear just the cookies and cache that is affecting the ePMP logings?

I really really don't want to clear all my Cookies and lose that data if it's avoidable.

Hi ninedd, 

The alternative would be use a different browser (ex: Firefox). 

Thanks,

Sriram

https://7labs.heypub.com/tips-tricks/clear-site-specific-cookies-cache.html covers clearing cache and cookies on a per-website basis in several browsers.

j

2 Likes

Cool Newkirk, thanks. :)

I noticed on the 2 radios I've upgraded to 3.4.1, I keep getting automatically logged out of the GUI after ~5 minutes.  I can tell from the uptime the devices aren't rebooting.

I'm not sure if this was a feature maybe introduced in an earlier version, because of various issues, we skipped the versions in between 3.1 and 3.4.1.

Is there a place in the config to turn this off, or increase the timeout? If not, could you please add it?  Very annoying feature/bug

@Justin_3 wrote:

I noticed on the 2 radios I've upgraded to 3.4.1, I keep getting automatically logged out of the GUI after ~5 minutes.  I can tell from the uptime the devices aren't rebooting.

I'm not sure if this was a feature maybe introduced in an earlier version, because of various issues, we skipped the versions in between 3.1 and 3.4.1.

Is there a place in the config to turn this off, or increase the timeout? If not, could you please add it?  Very annoying feature/bug

Hi,

This feature was implemented in 3.2 Release.

User has to be logged out automatically in 10 minutes after last activity.

Thank you.

1 Like

We too, do not like the automatic logout.

It is a ;problem for us also.

As a minimum, it needs to be programmable in the software.

Yeah - this is a horrible ''feature''.  That really has to be changed, or programable with a longer time, as well as a ''keep me logged in'' option.

We use the Real-Time Throughput app to monitor an Access Point and to watch how customers are performing, and to be logged out all the time is a deal breaker.