ePMP Release 3.4 is now available

Hello everyone,

ePMP Release 3.4 is now available and can be downloaded from Cambium Networks Software Download website located at:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

1 Like

Were you able to isolate the reported issues of force 180 and force 200 rebooting on 3.3? Was in corrected in this version?

Here I will leave my two cents. Normally I never update anything else to get a new version, it turns out that today a radio, ePMP 2000 broke, Device initialization status -7.
When replacing the defective radio the new radio did not detect the smart antenna, it still does not detect it but this is another subject.
Due to the intelligent antenna problem I decided to put the v 3.4 and what is my surprise?
Being a radio version Lite with license to Full the maximum number of subscribers is reduced to the 10 that normally come, I hope Cambium will soon realize this and solve it.
The truth is that by entering the radio configuration the desired number is returned and the radio starts to accept the maximum number of SM indicated without having to paste the license.

Greetings.

@Brandon Yuchasz wrote:

Were you able to isolate the reported issues of force 180 and force 200 rebooting on 3.3? Was in corrected in this version?

There will be a 3.4.1 release to address that issue.  I've been testing it (the reboot fix) in the lab and so far so good.

2 Likes

There is an issue with the Max Registrations Allowed defaulting back to 10 for AP Lite with a lite to full license.  Engineering is looking at it now.   

After upgrade to 3.4 the Max Registrations Allowed will drop down to 10 (amount of an AP Lite).  We have seen 2 scenerios:

• Increase the Max Registrations Allowed back to the original number and save.
  • Increase the Max Registrations Allowed back to the original number and save fails
    1. Change the Max Registrations Allowed down to 10 or lower
    2. Clear the license key on the Tools à License Management  and save
    3. Reapply the license key and save
    4. Increase the Max Registration Allowed back to the original number and save.

Once it is working on 3.4 reboots and upgrading the second bank do not cause the issue to re-occur. 

1 Like

shame for cambium.

didnt you test the OS ?

you created havoc on my network!!!

reverted to 3.3

@dkeltgen wrote:

@Brandon Yuchasz wrote:

There will be a 3.4.1 release to address that issue.  I've been testing it (the reboot fix) in the lab and so far so good.

I'm holding out for 3.4.1... still sitting on 3.2.2 ATM.

I noticed a lot of the defect fixes listed in 3.4 rc 14 did not show up on 3.4 release. Were these fixes undone? Or am I looking at this wrong?

-Ben

@Maggiore81 wrote:

shame for cambium.

didnt you test the OS ?

reverted to 3.3

can you share some detail of what you mean by creating havoc?

@Maggiore81 wrote:

shame for cambium.

didnt you test the OS ?

reverted to 3.3 

To be fair to Cambium, there is extensive testing done - and there is also the Beta Firmware program where people test them in the field.  But, they can't possibly test every scenario and every environment so some things will slip through (or new issues will be introduced) and they can't possibly test or anticipate every scenario out there, right? :)

We could just as easily be saying ''shame on the beta testers!"

4 Likes

I mean that about 40% of the CPE upgraded to 3.4 from 3.3 required hard power cycle. Hundreds of phone call from customers.

Some of the AP were set to 10...

I usually start testing new firmware over my Force180 at home... then after a lot of days of monitoring I start trying over some customers, but just few...

We cannot get the risk to do a massive upgrade over thousands of customers and than falling into big problems!!!

I still think 3.2.2 is the best firmware at this time.

I'll post my impression over 3.4 release soon.

Regards,

Paolo

I've immediately noticed a little weird thing:

- upgraded my SM Force180 from 3.2.2 to 3.4

- I've noticed that TX Power under Radio gone into manual setting instead prior upgrade was in Auto

Someone else noticed this problem?

We're running TDD obviously!

I've also seen that the web interface if working perfect and it seems even more fast over Firefox! That's nice.

Regards,

Paolo

Also no mention of continuing DFS bug. I can confirm that 3.3 still takes phantom DFS hits. We find 2.6.2.1 is still the most stable and reliable firmware release.

We won't be rolling out this firmware either judging by the reports.

When can we expect 3.4.1?

@paolo-pftech wrote:

I've immediately noticed a little weird thing:

- upgraded my SM Force180 from 3.2.2 to 3.4

- I've noticed that TX Power under Radio gone into manual setting instead prior upgrade was in Auto

Someone else noticed this problem?

We're running TDD obviously!

I've also seen that the web interface if working perfect and it seems even more fast over Firefox! That's nice.

Regards,

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

We have checked issue with TX Power switched form Auto to Manual ode after upgrade to 3.4.
We cannot reproduce this issue in the Lab.
Could ou please confirm it was seen on several units?

Thank you.

@Chris-T wrote:

We won't be rolling out this firmware either judging by the reports.

When can we expect 3.4.1?

Hi Chris,

We are doing our best to deliver 3.4.1 as soon as possible with fixes for issues:

- Force180/200 random Reboot issue.

- Max Registration Allowed reset to 10 after upgrade to 3.4 on AP Lite with Full Capacity License applied.

- Not able to login to the GUI after changing the IP. Works with Chrome but not with Firefox.
However, once you clear the cache and cookies, it works with Firefox.

- Upgrade of 2.4 and 5 GHz ePMP Elevate devices to 3.4 will shows as failed when upgraded
via cnMaestro. However, the devices do upgrade and a refresh on the cnMaestro screen will
show that the devices are running 3.4 after a successful upgrade.

Listed issues are already fixed in 3.4.1 Release and it is under testing now.

Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry if I am late to the party - is there a confirmed reboot issue with 3.3?

We have most of th enetwork on 3.3 and I thought we just had 10 or so bad CPE and was ready to RMA them - should I hold out for a better patch? Some of them had hundreds of reboots

Thanks!

@GhostRideDaWisp wrote:

Sorry if I am late to the party - is there a confirmed reboot issue with 3.3?

We have most of th enetwork on 3.3 and I thought we just had 10 or so bad CPE and was ready to RMA them - should I hold out for a better patch? Some of them had hundreds of reboots

Thanks!

Hi,

Changes included to 3.4.1 Firmware Release should fix issue for affected units.

Please try 3.4.1 which will be delivered in several days.

In case it will not fix it please RMA them.

Thank you.

You should implement a sequence in cnmaestro that REBOOTS the CPE before upgrading.

I have about 40% DOWN CPE after upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4

need to powercycle the POE at the CPE.