ePMP Release 3.5.2 is now available

ePMP Release 3.5.2 is now available at https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

still have the applying stuck in the gui on this version.

I need Urgent Urgent Solution, how can I update the Firmware to this version from SSH, or with SNMP?

You don’t have access to the web gui? Cnut uses SNMP … may be able to use that… just haven’t seen the gui drop before.

I've seen the GUI drop. A reboot usually fixes it, on an elevate I have a couple that are just broken broken. 

On ePMP I've never had one broken forever. I don't think you can upgrade using SSH or SNMP. Use cnut, or cnmaestro.

1 Like

en la empresa estamos automatizando los procesos, por esa es la razon por medio de la cual se esta tratando de no necesitar nada mas que un scrip para poder actualizar el firmware.

alguien sabe de alguna forma de actualizar el firmware, via ssh, telnet o parecido?

snmpset -v2c -c$community $ip .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.7.0 s http://url.to.server/ePMP-NonGPS_Synced-v3.5.2.tar.gz

snmpset -v2c -c$community $ip .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.4.0 i 1

First one tells it where to retrieve the updated firmware image, the second one applies settings changes. (I don't remember if the second one is needed or not in this instance)

snmpset -v2c -c$community $ip .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.1.0 i 1

This one reboots. (note that the radio may reboot automatically after an update triggered via SNMP)

You can also confirm the status/outcome of the update with snmpget of  .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.18.0, which may return a string like "Finished successfully, waiting for reboot".

If you have the MIB installed, then you should be able to use the names:

cambiumpmp80211SoftwareUpdate.0

cambiumpmp80211ConfigurationApply.0

cambiumpmp80211DeviceReboot.0

cambiumpmp80211SoftwareUpdateErrorStr.0

j

1 Like

I have the firmware installed internally on my computer, from which I will update the firmware of the cambium device, I am trying in the following way:

snmp set -v 2c -c community 127.0.0.1 .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.7.0 s "C: /AsistantPartner/ePMP-NonGPS_Synced-v3.5.1.tar.gz"

but it tells me that it has no answer from the ip, I still try with the other ip that I have configured on the computer and it is the same.

prove as a local team in the following way

snmp set -v 2c -c private 127.0.0.1 .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.7.0 s "C: /AsistantPartner/ePMP-NonGPS_Synced-v3.5.1.tar.gz"

but it gives me an error that says

Error in packet.
Reason: (badValue) The value given to the wrong type or length.

Any idea what can happen?

or if you help me exactly what I have to do, I have read any number of forums but none of them helps me do what I need.

I will thank you very much.

I would like to know what happened that you lost web GUI?

estamos desarrollando una aplicacion por medio de la cual nuestros colaboradores podran configurar equipos cambium, sin abrir el navegador web.

la configuracion completa la hago via ssh, pero necesito actualizar el firmware, y segun he investigado se puede hacer mediante snmp.

I upgraded a 2000 AP from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 and the GUI is broken. I can ping the AP and get to the login screen but when I enter my username and password, nothing happens. I've tried Chrome Incognito mode, different browers, etc. It worked for a little bit after the upgrade but no nothing. I'll try rebooting it to see if that helps.

I also can't reach it via SSH. cnMaestro also shows the AP as offline. So I can only ping and get the login screen but no Maestro, SSH, or logging in.

1 Like

I'm having the same issue with not being able to login after the update. 

This is super annoying too.

15:37:20 Configuration save failed.

networkLanIPAddr: 
IP Address : Value is equal to default local IP

@jlkz wrote:

I'm having the same issue with not being able to login after the update. 

Have you logged into the GUI?

Thank you.

@ jefrinaguilar - 

You need to provide a URL from which to retrieve the firmware file - http://something, and the computer at that URL has to have a web server running to serve the file on request.  (/Might/ work with FTP as well, never tried)  Your snmpset lines seem to be simply the local filesystem path on a Windows computer.  You need to tell the radio where to go and download the file, you can't upload the file to the radio via SNMP.

To be clear, the example snmpset command I posted is where snmpset is running on a Linux computer, $ip is the IP address of the radio, url.to.server points at a web server where I have all the most recent and most stable firmware versions for all the equipment we use.

j

I tried loggin in the gui and ssh and the password wont work. 

Can you give me an example?

I have an FTP server, I just need the correct structure, or rather the correct sentence that I have to write.

snmp set -v 2c -c private 127.0.0.1 .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.7.0 s "ftp: //xxxxxx/ePMP-NonGPS_Synced-v3.5.2-RC10.tar.gz"

What do I have to write directly?

in any case in the example of the web server what is the code that you would have to write to load it from the web server?

And if not, can I go through the snmp from where or how do I do it? that is not from a browser.

@jefrinaguilar wrote:

Can you give me an example?

I have an FTP server, I just need the correct structure, or rather the correct sentence that I have to write.

snmp set -v 2c -c private 127.0.0.1 .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.7.0 s "ftp: //xxxxxx/ePMP-NonGPS_Synced-v3.5.2-RC10.tar.gz"

What do I have to write directly?

in any case in the example of the web server what is the code that you would have to write to load it from the web server?

And if not, can I go through the snmp from where or how do I do it? that is not from a browser.

The command you have there should work, provided:

You have a working FTP server answering at 'xxxxxx'.  The radio has a working route to 'xxxxxx'.  The file is accessible at that URL.  (test with a PC and browser - e.g. if a PC on 10.11.10.250 can retrieve the file, it's likely radios in 10.11.10.0/24 will be able to as well)

I do all of this type of work via a Linux server, using bash scripts and Perl, Apache and PHP, but the principles are the same.  When new radios come in I run a script that updates them (using snmpset and firmware files on Apache web server) to the newest stable firmware, then installs our default config on them. (like firmware update via SNMP, config is retrieved by the radio from a URL, rather than sent to it)  Live radios on the network have their config backed up nightly. (SNMP used here as well to cause radio to create downloadable config file, then an snmpget provides the URL to wget that config file from the radio) All these configs and various firmware files for different types of gear are all on a web server accessible by all of our 10.a.b.c/24 subnets used for radios.

j

Accessing AP's GUI via Wireless (from behind SM)

Hi.  I just replaced an AF5 with a ePMP2000 link, and I'm very impressed (more on that later).  BUT, when I'm at the SLAVE side, I can't access the AP's GUI over that link.  I thought there was a setting to enable/disable as such, but I can't find in the 3.5.2 firmware GUI.

OH, also the GUI keeps logging me out.  Isn't there a place to turn that behavior off?  When I'm wanting to watch/monitor what's going on with a link, it's annoying to get kicked when you're the admin user. :(