ePMP and IPv6 while Bridged.

Hi all,

I have recently been reconfiguring my network and doing some testing with regard to running dual-stack IPv4 &  IPv6 while using the Subscriber module in Bridging mode. and making use of the VLAN modes.

I am curious why when I enable a separate VLAN for Multicast traffic this seems to pull IPv6 Traffic out of the DATA VLAN

my question is was this done for a reason or is this a bug?

Thanks.

Hi!

Can you give slightly more details? Are you reffering to packets sent by IPv6 stack to 33:33:xx:xx:xx:xx MAC address?

Thanks,

Dmitry

No i mean when I have a subscriber setup for ipv6 Internet everything works then when i configure the module for Multicast VLAN  since the vlan id does not have an address configured IPv6 Internet stops working.

My Question is why does this affect IPv6

No i mean when I have a subscriber setup for ipv6 Internet everything works then when i configure the module for Multicast VLAN  since the vlan id does not have an address configured IPv6 Internet stops working.

My Question is why does this affect IPv6

Hi!

My guess that it happens because ipv6 requires "multicast" MAC addresses to be inside the same VLAN, but instead they seems to fall inside the multicast VLAN.

We will investigate it.

Dmitry

2 Likes