ePMP licensing from 10 SMs to full

I really hate  this licensing model.  I just realized that I don't believe we have ever added our licenses t to our AP's.  I have the entitlement keys but not enough for the amount of AP's I've ordered over the last year.  Very confusing.  How do I know by looking at an AP if it has it or not?  If I go to tools, license managment there is nothing there but references to elevate, which I could care less about.

Am I missing something?

If you're looking under Tools -> License Manager, and you don't see the following:

It would suggest you have applied the license already.

3 Likes

I just went through all my AP's, and they all look like the picture.  Can I assum that SM limit unlocked means they are good to go?

I can assure you I have never installed any keys, unless my reseller is doing it and I am not aware of it.

We just went through this pita recently when we discovered we somehow had a couple of "Lite" AP's in the air.  After 3+ days trying to get keys/ register keys/do something else with keys/spend hour with tech support/upgrade firmware/downgrade firmware/have wrong keys undone/more tech support/upgradefirmware/ downgrade firmware/get correct keys/register keys/apply keys/firware again/enter keys/ etc...    

WIth all the various glitches in Cambiums firware/GUI the only way to know for sure if you have a limit on the number of users is go to  Configuration > Radio >  Max Registrations Allowed >   and see if allows more than 10 connections.

If you have elevated ubiquiti radios you need to connect I don't know to know for sure because the license tab is pretty much useless. Even during the mulitble calls to Cambium tech support they always had me to go the Config Radio page to see if the upgrade took.

@jmay wrote:

I just went through all my AP's, and they all look like the picture.  Can I assum that SM limit unlocked means they are good to go?

I can assure you I have never installed any keys, unless my reseller is doing it and I am not aware of it.

Hi jmay, 

Yes, If the SM limit says Unlocked, you have a Full AP. Also, like dhsea posted, if the "ePMP Full Capacity License" infromation doesn't show up on top, you have a Full AP. It will only show up on Lite APs license applied or not.

Thanks,
Sriram

1 Like