ePMP1000 3.4.1 to 3.5 Failure

I keep getting the message Please perform device reboot before Upgrading software. When trying to install the nongps_synced 3.5 firmeware on my ePMP 1000. I've installed this through cnMaestro on about 15 others from the same version without error.

I've attempted the reboot several times.

This is happening on two of my devices, both are ePMP 1000s. The two that are failing are a link. I was trying to do the AP first, but after failure I attempted the SM and get the same issue.

In the release notes I see a reference:

[Elevate 2.4] Error message 'Please perform device reboot before Upgrading software.' is shown on GUI during SW upgrade. Workaround: Web management interface refresh

But I'm thinking the Elevate is a different product? Either way, I wasn't sure what a Web management interface refresh is, I assumed it was a reboot. 

1 Like

@adamdillon wrote:

I keep getting the message Please perform device reboot before Upgrading software. When trying to install the nongps_synced 3.5 firmeware on my ePMP 1000. I've installed this through cnMaestro on about 15 others from the same version without error.

I've attempted the reboot several times.

This is happening on two of my devices, both are ePMP 1000s. The two that are failing are a link. I was trying to do the AP first, but after failure I attempted the SM and get the same issue.

In the release notes I see a reference:

[Elevate 2.4] Error message 'Please perform device reboot before Upgrading software.' is shown on GUI during SW upgrade. Workaround: Web management interface refresh

But I'm thinking the Elevate is a different product? Either way, I wasn't sure what a Web management interface refresh is, I assumed it was a reboot. 

Hi Adam,

Web manageent interface refresh means you just need to push F5 to reload Web page in your Web-browser.

But, I don't think your issue is related to known issue described in Release notes for Elevate.

Could you please ayttach screenshot of Configuration -> Network page?

And what Security Method are you using in your network, RADIUS or WPA2?

Thank you.

2 Likes

I am using WPA2.

Attached are the network config pages of the SM and the AP. Both fail.

This is very strange, but for the heck of it I tried the update with cnMaestro and it went through just fine this time.

This is the second attempt with cnMaestro. 

Any thoughts on this?