ePMP1000: How to set a parameter to null using CLI

Hi everybody,

I've been looking for this solution all over the web but still I am unable to fix this issue.

If I want to empty a specific field, for example  networkWanPPPoEService, what is the command I need to use?

I tried with:

config set networkWanPPPoEService ""

config set networkWanPPPoEService " "

config set networkWanPPPoEService ' '

config set networkWanPPPoEService ''

nothing works.

The software version of my radio is 2.3.3. I know I could update the software version, but I was wondering if there is a command that would work even with this version.

Thank you for you support

Hello,

The correct format should be

where there is a space between the double quotes. But you also have to save and apply the change, using the commands below.

config save

config apply

For this specific parameter, the 'config apply' will trigger the wireless driver in the SM to restart, so you will lose connectivity to the SM until it re-registers. Once back, the networkWanPPPoEService parameter will be removed from the SM configuration.

Regards

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your answer. I actually tried that and it says "invalid command".

I know I have to apply and save, but yet my command is not accepted and as I said I tried

config set networkWanPPPoEService ""

config set networkWanPPPoEService ' '

config set networkWanPPPoEService ''

Is there some know issue with this command on 2.3.3 sofware version?

Hello,

OK, got it. I verified it on a SM running 2.5.1, so let me see if there was a known issue on this command in the version you are using.

Regards

George,

Looking at the documentation for this feature, the ability to remove parameters was not added until software version 2.4.1, so for software version 2.3.3, this command was not a supported/valid command. You will need to upgrade to software version 2.4.1 or better.

Hope that helps.

I really appreciate your effort in helping me out.

Thank you