ePMP1000 w GPS not available In Argentina

Hi there, I'm from Argentina and I'm trying to buy ePMP1000 w GPS, but local Cambium resellers are telling to me that ePMP1000 are actually discontinued and they're offering ePMP2000. Because of i've already installed sites with ePMP1000, replace the equipament it's no so easy. Can anybody confirm that ePMP1000 are dicontinued or is just a local policy? Thanks.

@RamiroRearte wrote:

Hi there, I'm from Argentina and I'm trying to buy ePMP1000 w GPS, but local Cambium resellers are telling to me that ePMP1000 are actually discontinued and they're offering ePMP2000. Because of i've already installed sites with ePMP1000, replace the equipament it's no so easy. Can anybody confirm that ePMP1000 are dicontinued or is just a local policy? Thanks.

Hi,

ePMP2000 is fully compatible with ePMP1000.

So there is not difference between ePMP1000 with GPS sync and ePMP2000.

ePMP2000 supports also Smart Antenna as additional option, which is not supported for ePMP1000.

Thank you.

2 Likes

The ePMP 1000 should NOT be discontinued and should still be available from distributors world wide. I think those guys are trying to get you to buy the more expensive radio!

2 Likes

RamiroRearte wrote: Because of i've already installed sites with ePMP1000, replace the equipament it's no so easy.

As other's have said, they are 100% compatible, so there's really no issue if you need to buy the ePMP2000_GPS Access Points going forward.  The 2000 has a couple features, including a built in filter that makes it better and handling noise, and makes it better at not generating interference.  So - the ePMP2000 as an Access Point is well worth it, and it connects to all the ePMP1000 clients out there.  Just to be clear - there are no ePMP 2000 SM's - it's just an AP difference. :)

Also, the ePMP2000 has a ''Beam Forming Antenna'' as an option, but you don't need to purchase that if you don't want to.  That is just an option which again is helpful to deal with noise on the AP side.  But, by itself, the ePMP2000 GPS Access Point can be dropped in to replace the ePMP1000 GPS Access Point and you'll simply see a bit better handling and a bit less generation of noise. :)

The ePMP1000 AP w/GPS is still made and still available.  Your distributor may have decided not to carry it, and may have decided to only carry the ePMP2000 AP - but they are both stil available.  That may be beause there's not a huge price difference between them.  For us here in Canada, the price difference is not too much, only about $120 Canadian Dollars difference between the ePMP1000 and the ePMP2000 AP

1 Like