ePMP2000 AP instability?

I have a network of ePMP1000 GPS-Synced APs and SM which is generally pretty reliable. I've replaced a few 1000 APs with 2000 APs after storm damage, and for the most part, they are pretty reliable (some GPS sync issues).

But I have one ePMP 2000 AP, my only unit with the Smart Antenna, and it is NOT reliable. I had been running 3.5 through most of the problems, but I updated to 3.5.1 now. Running with the included power supply

Symptoms are (not at the same time):

• GPS sync drops (these may have been on f/w 3.2 only). Using onboard GPS.
  • AP completely inaccessible - turning off the port on the router and turning it back on had no effect. The only way to get it back up was to power-cycle the AP.
  • Random reboots - no rhyme or reason, no issues with other co-located APs, just notice later that it rebooted
  • this is the weird one... I got a notification that some subs had dropped off (because it's been so strange, I had taken to monitoringĀ a few subscribers), and when I logged in, I went to Monitor ->Wireless, and instead of the 44 subs we normally have, at D/L signal levels of -50 to -70 dB, there was one, at -85dB. I rebooted the AP, and everyone came up and was running normal.

Since this is the only AP using the Smart Antenna, we thought to turn off the Smart Antenna and force Sector Antenna only, but that didn't seem to help - about a day after that, it did the "inaccessible" thing again.

Is anyone else having any similar symptoms? Anyone have problems like this they solved? I'm tearing my hair out over this, and every time we attempt to change it, we have to wait a day or two only to find out it didn't work...

Hello dshea,

Some of the problems you may have seen are possibly firmware related (for example, a rogue SNMP process was causing some GPS Sync drops). I also recallĀ an issue discussed in this forum with LLDP, affecting accessibility of ePMP2000 devices.

Regarding the low D/L signal level reported by the AP, this value is an estimate, and in previous sw versions, it may have not been quite accurate. This has been improved in recent sw versions.

If you continue to see some of these issues with this specific device now that it is running 3.5.1, I recommend you submitting a ticket with Cambium Support. In case of random reboots, it would be very helpful to provideĀ us with any crashlogs, if available, which can be obtained using the "debug crashlog" CLI command.

Regards

1 Like

Asking, rather than just trying it out blindly, but would the AP work without LLDP enabled? If that is causing an problem, would turning it off help with this issue?

Hello dshea,

I stand corrected, it was having STP enabled at both AP and certain switches (http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/3-3-to-3-5-kills-radios/m-p/79633#M12099). I believe we are still investigating this. In any case, yes, the AP will continue to work with both LLDP and STP disabled.

Regards

OK, I knew about the STP issue, and STP is disabled on that AP. Unless there's a possibility that turning of LLDP will help, there's probably no reason to try it.

Here's a crashlog from a random reboot earlier today - it hasn't locked up badly enough to require a power-off/power-on cycle since you requested the crashlog on Monday, but I will let you know if it does.

1 Like

and it rebooted again, shortly after I captured the earlier debug crashlog...

1 Like

Hello dshea,

Thanks for the crashlog. I will forward it to our Dev team. I was not able to download the second crashlog. If you still have it, would you mind attaching it again to this thread?

Also, how is this ePMP2000 being powered? Included PoE Injector or some other way?

Regards

The forum was having an issue with the file name - apparently, commas are NOT ok...

It is running off the included PoE injector, yes.

Perfect, thank you.

Regards

This crashlog should be from an instance where the AP locked up - it was not accessible over Ethernet, so I had to power-cycle the PoE. Luckily, it is on a controllable power outlet on a UPS, so it is pretty simple to do that.

Received. Thanks dshea.

Regards

Another random reboot (crashlog attached)...

Hello dshea,

I have not received any feedback from the Development team yet, but could you please submit a ticket (unless you have one already) with Cambium Support (https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support/) to see if a RMA can beĀ appliedĀ to this AP?

Please include a link to this thread in your ticket.

Regards

--------------------------------

JIRA:Ā CAMBIUM-15164

1 Like

Having the same problem here...Ā 

Exactly the same, but we have access to the EPMP 2000 always.

But the AP reboots randomly, and sometimes the CPEs doesn't connect to the AP, and we have to reboot manually.

Have a ticket with cambium.... I hope they solve it fast....

Hello Victor,

Have you been able to collect a crashlog? You can do so from CLI using the "debug crashlog"command.

Regards

1 Like