epmp 1000 ptp links

We have recently deployed several epmp links using force 200 dishes.  These are doing remarkably well.  We are looking to switch to connectorized radios for extra gain and a more solid mount for wind/tower issues.  Read that some are using ubiquiti rocket 2' dishes.  Wondering what everyone is using and if they are getting good results with them.  Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Doug,

I have a couple customers that are using the rocketdishes. Feedback has been great. Also, something to look at is the Ignitenet Fusion dishes. I have a customer that started using these with ePMP. They are a little less expensive than the rocektdishes. Only bad feedback I've heard is they require some assembly.

Garrett

Thank you.  I just figured out that the standard epmp1000 connectorized radios only support 10/100M port... That will limit our use on ptp links..  Not sure why they do that.  

If these are dedicated PTP links you can use the ePMP 1000 AP Lite. They support 100/1000 BaseT and GPS Sync.

They are just under $100 more than the standard connectorized ePMP 1000.

Garrett

I haven't seen those.  Only gps sync radio I have seen is over 4x the price.

They make a "lite" version of that. It is limted to 10 subscribers when configured in AP mode.

+1 on the Force110 PTP/AP-Lite approach.  We have a couple small links (customer-side, not between towers) using Force200 radios, several more (including tower-to-tower links) on C058900B052A radios (Force110/APlite FCC).  For the connectorized radios, most of them are actually on the Force110 dishes.  But with SMA-to-N cables (and the N000900L006A pole-mount for ePMP1000) you can hook them up to any 5ghz-band dual polarity dish, like the 3ft-4ft dishes we commonly use with PTP600.

j

thank you for the help.  

We've also used these DualPol grids for customer Antennas and for PTP links where wind loading is an issue.  They are very affordable and have worked pretty well of our needs.
http://www.lanbowan.com/ANT4958D28PG_DP

Do you get these directly from Lanbowan? Any distys in NA?

Garrett

@GKConVerge-tech wrote:

Garrett

we order direct.  no distys in NA.    takes about a week to get them, but the shipping is pretty steep.  a 20 pack delivered is about $1500

@GKConVerge-tech wrote:

Hi.  We also buy them direct, and they don't have any distributors that I'm aware of here. And as Chris says, shipping is steel - usually about 50% of the hardware price - which seems really steep. However, the DualPol 2.4Ghz antennas that we buy the most of, those are about $40 each, and then with shipping & duty they are about $60 - $70 each landed.

That seems pretty steep BUT if we could find a place that had antennas for $60 with free shipping, we'd think it was a good deal I guess.  I'm not aware of another $60 or $70 antenna that fits in the same niche'.