when ePMP1000 AC

When will be released new ePMP with AC radio chipset (modulation up to 256QAM and MU-MIMO)?

have an idea of release date?

Thanks

Anyone ?

A search for 802.11ac in the forums reveals some results... this forum post is probably the closest you'll come to a public response from Cambium.

It has passed more than a year !!

Something official from Cambium developers?

Again, I really doubt they're going to post any sort of release date information in this public forum (as they mentioned in the post that I provided a link to). Your best bet is to attened an ePMP Road Show event and ask these questions.

Road show is tomorrow in Mexico?

http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/company/roadshows

"Nuevas líneas de ePMP"

I dont think we need AC right now.

From what I understand, to get any advantage with AC you need your CPE radios to have a signal level above -60dbm to achieve the higher MCS rates. Anything lower than -60dbm has only about a 10% throughput increase for the same signal level

1 Like

AC chipset is newest and easy handle more throughput and pps.

256qam is incrementing the speed of the link (+33%)

Also MU-MIMO can increment performance in PTMP

and beamforming is interesting.

@Mirko wrote:

AC chipset is newest and easy handle more throughput and pps.

256qam is incrementing the speed of the link (+33%)

Also MU-MIMO can increment performance in PTMP

and beamforming is interesting.

Mirko,

Cambium is actively engaged in understanding AC implementation to ensure we have the best in class solution. I can't give you a committment beyond that right now but please note that the AC products out there today for outdoor deployment do not support MU-MIMO and like the other users said, you need a very high C/I to get 256QAM. Our interest is to give you a solution that is best in class such as the ePMP1000 solution.

Sakid

Revisiting this post.

cnPilot e500 has 802.ac already.

Any news about 802.11ac in ePMP?