Best way to upgrade Elevated units

So CNUT is still not supported, how is everyone doing updates on elevated units? We have a few hundred out there now and it sucks we have left them on 3.4.1 or 3.4.

I tried using cnmestro but it's not very nice to me. Lots of failures, or not working or whatever.

@Ryan Ray wrote:

So CNUT is still not supported, how is everyone doing updates on elevated units? We have a few hundred out there now and it sucks we have left them on 3.4.1 or 3.4.

I tried using cnmestro but it's not very nice to me. Lots of failures, or not working or whatever.

Hi,

Several bugs related to Elevate radios upgrade procedure were fixed in 3.5 Release.

Today with 3.5.1 ePMP Release we don't have any known issue which can affect Elevate upgrade.

Please try to upgrade all radios from cnMaestro, I believe most part of them will be upgraded successfully.

Then ramaining part can be upgraded manually from UI.

Thank you.

I want to ask how it works:
if I have a static license and go with an AP on a flexibl license, the licenses are automatically converted to flexible? If even what happens if this AP, where are the static off? do I keep my licenses in flexible mode? If not, static license can be transferred to flexible?

Hi, 

We do not allow conversion of existing fixed/static licenses to flexible licenses. There were a small number of beta users that we allowed this and they are the ones that will need to consider this scenario. When you purchase new licenses you can chose to purchase as fixed/static or flexible. 

Thanks,

Sriram

It's unfortunate that there isn't a way to convert the licenses. 

Consider a site with 4 AP, each with 10 fixed elevate licenses currently applied.  If I wanted to conver the site to the flexible licensing model I'd have to purchase another 40 elevate licenses, correct? 

Those fixed licenses that will be replaced can't be re-used elsewhere, is that correct?

Thanks Fedor,

I did a test on 20 and it did go very smoothly. They all upgraded succesfully through cnmaestro.

1 Like