Epmp Elevate and mikrotik

Good day

We are small Wisp and after doing research about epmp I can say that as soon as mikrotik is supported to elevate  to epmp we will be moving to epmp 2000 and smart beam antenna`s.

I am very excited to not have 1 bad cpe kill my sector`s throughput.

Keep up good work and hope it will not take to long.

Thanks

Future cambium fanboy

Hi Smittie,

Thank you for the feedback.

For now you can request the elivate bu the software will be  released soon on the link https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp-elevate/.

I hope everything goes good after the implementation.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues.

What is the definition of "soon"?

1 week?

1 month?

1 quarter?

Not asking for a firm date....just what is on the road map / plan / ballpark guess.

Please check back here: http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/access/epmp-elevate/ for updates on roadmap. 

What will be the procedure ?

Are you thinking about releasing it as a NPK package ?

I cannot think of another way. It is a closed source model including the bootloader.

any updates on how 5Ghz Mikrotik testing is going with Elevate?

any ETA on a release date?

The linked page no longer shows the roadmap. Last we saw was early 2017, any update? Thanks

@gneill wrote:

The linked page no longer shows the roadmap. Last we saw was early 2017, any update? Thanks

Hi folks,

Sorry to be the bearer of this news but we have run into some technical challenges with Mikrotik and unable to provide an official date to everyone.

We will be releasing 2.4 support on UBNT devices in April. MT support is contingent on solving some challenges which do not have a clear path today.

Sakid

Thank you for update

I understand how difficult this process can be. Will wait patiently for this.

I personally will be fine with it if i had to go to customers premises to elavate 1 by 1 and not do all of it at the same time.

As i am currently struggling with strong off-channel interference and are at wits end with it.

any news about mikrotik support ?

1 Like

Hi Cambium ,

We are WISP from India

I am eagerly waiting for mikrotik support by epmp elevate.

Can you please advice on any update on this mikrotik software support.

We desperately needing it ASAP, please advise

Thanks,

Nirmal

Elevate project for Mikrotik, is dead??

Hello Cambium,

Any update on elevate????

Guys im desperate for this, so please do post any update on progress.

Thanks,

Nirmal

Because we strive to visit your technology is essential for us that information. If it will be possible only on certain products mikrotik would take us info wondering including on new purchases. Thank you

Hello Cambium ,

I am constently chasing with you guys to check on the mikrotik 5ghz support on elevate product line.

We are really desperate and the cablguys are taking away our business and we desperately need elevate support to ratin our customers.

Most of our CPE are Mikrotik SXT Lite 5 and LHG 5

Please help ASAP.

Thanks,

Nirmal

Here we will probably not answer the answers, even if it is enough to be released only on some boards. I'm going to be a betatester, but since someone does not react here I can see it badly :-(

@nirmal_s19 wrote:

Hello Cambium ,

I am constently chasing with you guys to check on the mikrotik 5ghz support on elevate product line.

We are really desperate and the cablguys are taking away our business and we desperately need elevate support to ratin our customers.

Most of our CPE are Mikrotik SXT Lite 5 and LHG 5

Please help ASAP.

Thanks,

Nirmal

If you've gotten to the point the cable companies are eating up your subs, I'd suggest proactively changing out CPEs.  if your depending on cambium to save your clientel,    Cambium won't release the product until they are confident it is going to perform, thats what cambium is known for.   (which is why they have such good performing product)  

keep in mine the Elevate product is design to help you transition to the epmp line, its not ment to be a permanent thing (it definably can be). but show your customers your making the effort and show face.   we have used elivate for our UBNT xw gear, but the XM will be or has been replaced because of the performance factor.   the cost of the CPEs vs the reward we got from making those people happy just don't compare.     if your in a pinch, If i were in your shoes i'd be showing up and replacing hardware quickly.   hoping cambium will release a product in the next few days probably won't work out well. they've been vocal about running into issues getting TIK hardware working correctly.  that being said, i'm sure they will resolve it, but waiting for something that doesn't have an expected release date could end up badly in your situation. 

1 Like

Problem I see with changing equipment now is no ac support from Campium yet.

For us which have Tik equipment and thousands od customers problem is  that we need to invest lots of money for Cambium equipment transition and in year or so do one more transition to ac equipment. Customers are demanding more and more speed. 

Elevate option would be great solution for transitional period until Cambium presents ac products. Then we  could invest and change all equipment, it would be 3+ years investment.

I can’t speak for cambium but for now, i doubt they are making a near tearm release to elivate ubnt or tik AC gear. When cambium has AC in the family, possibly but I’d dare to guess last quarter this year before a time is even announced. The AC PTP radios are due out Q4 thid year.

Id imagine youre wanting to jump ship because the tiks arent performing as youd like ?

We moved off of ubnt hardware long before elivate was announced. Most profitable decision we’ve made.

In your shoes i would change your poorest performing areas to epmp and wait for the elivate, but if your business depends on elivating the broken gear now, ive got a feeling the AC versions are still a long ways off.

Mikrotik already introduced nv2 fixed frame mode in latest RC version so if you are in a bad position, go and try it.