Flexible Licensing Server

I am having the exact same problem.....

I would like to see a longer timeout on the flex server so licenses stay put for 24+ hours on an AP. Then if these server problems come up again at least we stay up. 

Frustrating to see as well. Feels like baicells which is an ugly word...

All ap's now reporting

"Connection Status
undefined. The device will try to re-connect to the License Server in 5 minutes."

but the license count seems to be right.

This should be a faster fix, all day it's been in and out. 

Same Here, it's disappointing.

I am having the exact same problem.....

Spain.

Same here. I think its unacceptable that there is no resolution or communication around the issue

Info from Support Cambium: 

"The server that manages elevate licenses encountered a problem and was offline for some time.
The server was recovered a few hours ago and is in serious catch up mode at the moment, authorizing and managing elevate licenses. 

Could you please reboot the APs, after the reboot check connectivity status. Following that you may see only 1 Elevate license allowed and later it would show the correct value. As SMs register this number should go up."

After the AP restart, I still have the connection status: unknown, but the Elevate license limit is set to 120 for some time. The software version on the AP is 3.5.1 and 3.5.2.

Also after disabling and enabling the License Server Agent service - ePMP Elevate Subscriber Module Limit = 120

the same problem, clients bombing me

Same problem here in South Africa

Same problem to Hungary :(

Same problem from Italy :-(

I have the impression that after changing the software to 3.5.2 the Elevate limit is constantly maintained at level 120, despite the lack of connection with the license server. Is it similar to you?

Greetings from Poland

I've the "impression" that we have paid a lot of money for Elevate Licenses and the situation it's inacceptable!

1 Like

Same problem!!!! 

Any feedback on the time it will take to fix this issue?

There is no time for resolution. 

This problem begins on saturday 21/7/18 12:30 pm GMT

Just innaceptable...

i did not slept the last two nights rebootings this APs....

1 Like

Thanks Fedor for the reply, yet we are now in serious trouble.

What is the ETA for a complete resolution of the problem?
Of course everybody knew there was a risk in trusting an external entity (Cambium Networks) for the license management, but at least in our case, we thought the advantage outweighted the risk - "after all", we thought, "they offer this service on a global basis, they surely have redundancy and failover in place".
We were wrong.

I see no communication, except a single post from a mod, in regard to what seems to me like a really SERIOUS and business-impacting problem.
I expect you guys, at the VERY least, to be so kind to produce and send us an equivalent number of offline elevate licenses (as many as we had in the license server) to install in our APs momentarily, to overcome this embarassing problem. Make them last only a week, make them self destruct, or whatever you want. I don't care. Just pull us out of this mess.

We have an Issue ID open,  #160456. Please reply to our issue with whatver kind resolutive steps you decided to take.

Best regards from Italy.

2 Likes

We figured there must be a way of writing a simple piece of code that simply says yes ok youhave 120 licences when a device checks in. a simple catchall and approve all until the issue is resolved

1 Like

The morality of the cambum here in Brazil is ugly
all epmp radio with flexible license problem
Lega that supports it cambium until deactivate the chat so no explanation to anyone

This is a huge problem, the economic and image damage is very serious! Your silence is discouraging, we have invested and believed in Cambium but we have to review our plans, this shot is too heavy !! Paolo, Italy.