M900 M365 able to evelate? why?

Chris_2 asked a question on an older thread that was never answered. 

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Elevate/Supported-radio-list-for-Elevate/td-p/75047

I'm confused, why are the m900 and m365 on the list.  Why would you elevate them if they can't be used in SM mode?

I'd like to know this also.

I'm confused, why are the m900 and m365 on the list.  Why would you elevate them if they can't be used in SM mode?

It'd be awesome if these could be used in AP mode, or even just PTP mode - even without GPS hardware, it'd be awesome to have a ePMP 900Mhz solution without Cambium having to diversify into ePMP/900 hardware. :)

1 Like

agreed.     900 would be great, I'd pay full CPE price for that elevate licences even if we didn't get GPS with it.   cambiums wireless interface is so much better.  

365 i'd rather see left to the 450 and LTE gear personally.   unless of course they could get epmp to sync up with the other technology in that band. 

@Chris_Bay wrote:

agreed.     900 would be great, I'd pay full CPE price for that elevate licences even if we didn't get GPS with it.   cambiums wireless interface is so much better.  

I will be happy once the last of the M365 and M900 series radios are removed from the public domain and destroyed.... they were horrible, noisy, dirty, spectrum hogging, poorly performing up/down converted radios that should have never been built in the first place.

1 Like

@ElbowWilham wrote:

Chris_2 asked a question on an older thread that was never answered. 

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Elevate/Supported-radio-list-for-Elevate/td-p/75047

I'd like to know this also.

I think the fact that M900 and M365 is included is more from a software placeholder standpoint... being that they're simply just 2.4 and 5ghz XM boards (which are compatible with Elevate) makes them, from a chipset standpoint, compatible with elevate. The fact that they're downconverted to 900, and 3.65, makes them useless as you need an ePMP AP to use Elevate, and there are no ePMP AP's built for the 900 and 3.65 bands. So the fuzzy answer is YES from a software/chipset standpoint, they'd be compatible, but from an AP standpoint they wouldn't be.

2 Likes

I agree with Eric. I can't wait until the last of them are off my network. We still have some micro-pops with them. 

I was kind of hoping we could use them in 2.4 or 5ghz, since they are just down converted. Maybe Cambium did some magic that makes the down convert go away? Just wishful thinking. 

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

@Chris_Bay wrote:

I will be happy once the last of the M365 and M900 series radios are removed from the public domain and destroyed.... they were horrible, noisy, dirty, spectrum hogging, poorly performing up/down converted radios that should have never been built in the first place.

i know you're right, just wishing you weren't  lol. 

the 450i 900 ptp has been our go to recently.   works great, just be nice to re-use that old gear but  bleed is bleed. 

@ElbowWilham wrote:

I agree with Eric. I can't wait until the last of them are off my network. We still have some micro-pops with them. 

I was kind of hoping we could use them in 2.4 or 5ghz, since they are just down converted. Maybe Cambium did some magic that makes the down convert go away? Just wishful thinking. 

It's a hardware down coverter built onto the PCB, so you're not going to be able to modify this... and why would you want to unless your time is worth nearly nothing... you can get M series gear for next to nothing on eBay.

@Chris_Bay wrote:

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

@Chris_Bay wrote:

the 450i 900 ptp has been our go to recently.   works great, just be nice to re-use that old gear but  bleed is bleed. 

I'm really impressed with the PTP450i 900MHz as well from a price/performance standpoint... I literally have the first production PTP450i 900mhz link that Cambium made and it's been very stable... a work horse, it's my personal connection to my house. We're hanging up a few more in remote areas where we need a PtP to a customer behind deep cover where we can't justify the cost of a PTP670 (which also has good near/non-LOS penetration). It's an excellent tool to have in your tool-belt.

The 450 series roadmap shows that there is an FFT increase  planned for 900 which should increase it's performance even further!

2 Likes

My only point is that I have boxes of M900 gear that I hate to discard. If it was a simple software upgrade, then it would be worth it. 

Hi All, 

As Eric explained above, we don't support 900 or 3.65 on ePMP. Therefore, there are no plans to Elevate in these bands. The 900 and 3.65 in the list are simply place holders in the MIB but we don't support them. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

@Chris_Bay wrote:

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

@Chris_Bay wrote:

I'm really impressed with the PTP450i 900MHz as well from a price/performance standpoint... I literally have the first production PTP450i 900mhz link that Cambium made and it's been very stable... a work horse, it's my personal connection to my house. We're hanging up a few more in remote areas where we need a PtP to a customer behind deep cover where we can't justify the cost of a PTP670 (which also has good near/non-LOS penetration). It's an excellent tool to have in your tool-belt.

The 450 series roadmap shows that there is an FFT increase  planned for 900 which should increase it's performance even further!

where can I find a peak at this road map Eric?

@Chris_Bay wrote:

where can I find a peak at this road map Eric?

It's too big to attach, check out page 22 HERE.

2 Likes