Mikrotik SXT Lite5 - DHCP client problem

Hi there,

I'm doing my first tests with Elevate on Mikrotik SXT Lite 5.

I've noticed a couple of problems on DHCP client.

I followed the instructions on this website and Elevate successfully worked. TFTPD32 assigned 192.168.0.100 but the SXT still responding at 192.168.0.2.

Here you can find a video of the entire process I've made:

http://webm.land/media/wb4q.webm

Then I replaced the DHCP server but I've noticed always the same problem! SXT is not correctly taking the IP in DHCP mode and only responds at 192.168.0.2.

Am I doing something wrong?

DHCP client is very important to me as I already use Cambium devices in bridge+dhcp client+VLAN configuration and all is working fine

Hi planetcaravan,

You are not doing anything wrong. Behavior shown in the video created by you, is the accurate behavior and perfect way of elevating SXT Lite5. The IP address 192.168.0.100 is being assigned to SXT only at the bootup. Meaning -

192.168.0.100 was assigned to SXT via DHCP server. Also DHCP server tells SXT the name of te boot file - "SXTLITE5-Elevate.bin". SXT (at 192.168.0.100 IP address) receives this file (SXTLITE5-Elevate.bin) from your PC, flashes the firmware and reboots at 192.168.0.2. So, 192.168.0.100 was assigned to SXT only in order to send the elevate firmware. Once firmware transferred and SXT boots up with elevate firmware, 192.168.0.100 address no more exists and elevated SXT gets the 192.168.0.2 IP address.

Currently, we only support this method to elevate Mikrrotik SXT Lite5. Hence, you are going to have to configure other network parameters manually, according to your network requirements. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
After the elevate process I did several test with different DHCP servers but the problem remains. The SXT is not taking IP in DHCP client mode.
What can I do?

Hi,

Can you make sure of following? -
DHCP server needs to run on the Wireless side of the SM. (Typical topology:  SM --wireless-- AP----DHCP server). If your DHCP server lies behind the SM (on the ethernet side of the SM), SM can not get IP configuration via DHCP server that lies on the ethernet side of the SM. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, now I understand my mistake.

I was expecting DHCP client works also on LAN Ethernet side.