So how long do I have to wait for your flexible licensing server to reset to proper usage?

I've just spent close to an hour and a half painlessly trying to elevate radios, that one would not take an elevate, two, didn't take the proper settings, and now, after a reboot of my AP I have to sit here and wait for your "flexible" license server to realize that I'm not trying to use 2 times the amount of licenses for ONE radio. It seems to think that I have already used them and won't let the same radio allow associations after a reboot.

Thanks Cambium. Thanks for all the fun. Do any of you guys actually run a WISP? It's like every time i turn around there is something else that makes this just a pain in the ass. So, now, I probably get to wake up to a bunch of pissed off customers. One because their radio didn't take the elevate settings yet again, and two, who knows how long this server thing will last before it lets my clients associate. I'm working on 10 minutes now since last reboot. I didn't realize I'd have to keep an extra 30 licenses on hand if I wanted to reboot an AP. URGH. Just URGH!!!

Hi Tristan,

I agree that everything you are describing is frustrating. Can you shoot me an e-mail to dmitry.moiseev@cambiumnetworks.com and I will try to recover Cambium?

Dmitry

PS Next time can I kindly ask you to contact our support in case you have this type of issues?

1 Like

It reset about a half hour later, or at least that is when I noticed it.

I didn't want to open a ticket, because, like most things Cambium, it's my fault for not doing something your way. So, I was asking the communities input. Which apparently didn't do much after a couple days, up until now.

Mesmo problema aqui, e o pior é que abrimos um chamado no suporte Cambium e simplesmente informaram que os problemas são conhecidos e "esperamos que seja corrigido na próxima versão 3.5.2", ou seja, não é uma afirmação que será corrigido.

A versão 3.5.1 foi lançada em 12/2017, estamos em 06/2018 e ainda nada de correção ou procedimento para contornar este problema, pior é que não tem data prevista para liberação da 3.5.2. Já existe a versão 3.5.2 RC15 beta, porém é complicado colocar uma versão Beta na rede em produção.

Um simples botão no Servidor da Cambium para renovar a contagem de licenças poderia contornar o problema provisoriamente e evitar os transtornos, mas parece que a Cambium não deu prioridade para este problema, então o prejuízo é 100% nosso.

###########################################

Same problem here, and the worse thing is that we opened a call in support Cambium and simply reported that the problems are known and "hopefully be corrected in the next version 3.5.2", that is, is not a statement that will be corrected.

Version 3.5.1 was released on 12/2017, we are in 06/2018 and still no fix or procedure to work around this problem, worse is that there is no date scheduled for release of 3.5.2. There is already version 3.5.2 RC15 beta, however it is complicated to put a beta version on the network in production.

A simple button on the Cambium Server to renew the license count could circumvent the problem provisionally and avoid the inconvenience, but it seems that Cambium did not give priority to this problem, so the damage is 100% ours.

@EvertonM wrote:

Mesmo problema aqui, e o pior é que abrimos um chamado no suporte Cambium e simplesmente informaram que os problemas são conhecidos e "esperamos que seja corrigido na próxima versão 3.5.2", ou seja, não é uma afirmação que será corrigido.

A versão 3.5.1 foi lançada em 12/2017, estamos em 06/2018 e ainda nada de correção ou procedimento para contornar este problema, pior é que não tem data prevista para liberação da 3.5.2. Já existe a versão 3.5.2 RC15 beta, porém é complicado colocar uma versão Beta na rede em produção.

Um simples botão no Servidor da Cambium para renovar a contagem de licenças poderia contornar o problema provisoriamente e evitar os transtornos, mas parece que a Cambium não deu prioridade para este problema, então o prejuízo é 100% nosso.

###########################################

Same problem here, and the worse thing is that we opened a call in support Cambium and simply reported that the problems are known and "hopefully be corrected in the next version 3.5.2", that is, is not a statement that will be corrected.

Version 3.5.1 was released on 12/2017, we are in 06/2018 and still no fix or procedure to work around this problem, worse is that there is no date scheduled for release of 3.5.2. There is already version 3.5.2 RC15 beta, however it is complicated to put a beta version on the network in production.

A simple button on the Cambium Server to renew the license count could circumvent the problem provisionally and avoid the inconvenience, but it seems that Cambium did not give priority to this problem, so the damage is 100% ours.

Hi,

Sorry for inconveniences.

We will release 3.5.2 very soon.

Meanwhile a lot of customers running Flexible Licensing have upgraded their network to 3.5.2-RC15.

We are not aware of any major defects in 3.5.2-RC15.

Thank you.

@EvertonM the trick here is to have a public NTP as primary Time server and your local as secondary one. I noted in my case if i set my internal sntp some Ap pick time imediately and some will take longer than 90 minutes to pick time hence flexible licensing wont work.