Terrible turn around times for license entitlements 10days plus on every order!

Hi  all, 

We have 1000 Ubnt CPE's to elevate. We have deployed addiitional epmp2000's all over the network 20+ towers and we want to Elevate these devices so we can in the next few months migrate everything to Cambium. 

Everytime we request for an entitlement and we have tried with two different distributors it takes 7 to 10days to get a new license. How can we work like this? How does it take so long to generate a license? 

Im praying that one AP with 48 Elevated users doesnt get hit by lightning because I will have these users offline 7+ days because it takes Cambium so long to generate these keys?

Seriously why is ths such a problem?

I've had the same problem.  The last time around emailing Alex Marcham sped up the process considerably.  He assured me that Cambium is working to speed up the process.

I sure hope they do.

We have no issues getting keys over to customers.. Typically they are received next business day from Cambium and forwarded to the end user.

Check with your distributor on what the issue is and why the long lead times. 

If they can't get it resolved, contact me. I would be more than happy to get you your equipment/keys in a timely manner.

Garrett Kellner

gkellner@Converge-Tech.com

(312) 205-2530

ConVergence Technologies, Inc.

2 Likes

The first licenses I ordered took soem time, but that was understandable, since I ordered the same day elevate was released, but since then I have had very quick responses - the last order was placed in the afternoon, and I got the entitlement the next day. If it is taking that long, I would talk to your distributor about it (and maybe switch distributors).

At this point distributor blames Cambium and Cambium blames distributor 

Distributors - please let us know what you need to fulfil these sorders quickly. 

Customers - if you are not satisfied with the lead times, please let me know at solutions@cambiumnetworks.com.

Ray

@Mario606 wrote:

Hi  all, 

We have 1000 Ubnt CPE's to elevate. We have deployed addiitional epmp2000's all over the network 20+ towers and we want to Elevate these devices so we can in the next few months migrate everything to Cambium. 

Everytime we request for an entitlement and we have tried with two different distributors it takes 7 to 10days to get a new license. How can we work like this? How does it take so long to generate a license? 

Im praying that one AP with 48 Elevated users doesnt get hit by lightning because I will have these users offline 7+ days because it takes Cambium so long to generate these keys?

Seriously why is ths such a problem?

I'm sorry that you've had a poor experience with license fulfilment. When a distributor orders the licenses from us, we require some extra information from them. In cases where the licenses are delayed, the distributor has not provided that information to us, and so we need to go collect it from them. When all the information is provided on the original order, the license is typically received by the customer next day.

If you have a particular order being held up longer than it should be then please let me know, with the distributor you ordered it from and I will investigate.

1 Like

Licence should be bough online. It's really no productive to pass through a reseller for licences.

Like said, it would be a pain if a AP radio must be replace, e tc. Same for light radio. If you replace a unlimited radio with a light one and must upgrade fast, that still a problem.

If it's to protect distributor market, then a distributors could maybe be associate to the online licence store users .

1 Like