Trouble with XM Nanobridges

Hello. We did a 4 sector swap today of Ubiquiti to ePMP Elevate. Most subs are XW devices and had no issues after upgrade. The remaining 5-7 XM devices on this tower are having issues. 

Some of them attempt to register to a sector 5 minutes after we turned up a new sector and some didn't at all. We would sometimes see them attempt to connect and only the MAC address would show under Monitor-Wireless but no IP address or other info. We were not able to reach these via IP address.

We had to go swap 5 XM devices tonight to ePMP Force 200 to get subs back online. There are 2-3 other XM devices that are connected to one of our new sectors but their session has dropped a few times in the last 4 hours so they will likely need to be swapped as well.

I thought XM devices were supported with Elevate except using cnMaestro? In our 72 customer migration today, only the XW devices worked correctly and most or all of the XM devices either wouldn't connect or drop their sessions. We will likely swap any remaining XM devices tomorrow as we don't tolerate downtime for our customers.

Would like some feedback or guidance from Cambium if we should expect this on future migrations as well. We're running 3.2.1 for firmware on AP and CPE. At a minimum, I would like Cambium to release some of the licenses we purchased so we can apply them to other AP's as they licenses for these XM devices did us no good today and we rolled a truck and spent nearly $1,000 on hardware and labor replacing the XM devices with Force 200.

Thank you

Hello Darin,

Sorry for the issues you are having. Some of the UBNT XM platforms use slower processors and have less memory and they may not work as well as others. Could you please submit a ticket with our support team so they can help you with the licensing?

Contact Cambium Networks Support

Regards

Hello,

I report the same issue. Devices constantly disconnect from sector, experience high latency and some show LAN port down even though LAN traffic works. ticket #111939 on cambium support

Darin,

XM does support elevate but we do have an open issue in the release notes about intermittent disconnects. One of your issues sound similar and we are aggressively working to fix that one. However, we might need a little help with one of  your other issues. Would you be able to get on quick call with us?

Also, contact me off line at sakid.ahmed@cambiunetworks.com and I will ensure we get you some free licenses.

thanks

Sakid

@dcshobby wrote:

Hello. We did a 4 sector swap today of Ubiquiti to ePMP Elevate. Most subs are XW devices and had no issues after upgrade. The remaining 5-7 XM devices on this tower are having issues. 

Some of them attempt to register to a sector 5 minutes after we turned up a new sector and some didn't at all. We would sometimes see them attempt to connect and only the MAC address would show under Monitor-Wireless but no IP address or other info. We were not able to reach these via IP address.

We had to go swap 5 XM devices tonight to ePMP Force 200 to get subs back online. There are 2-3 other XM devices that are connected to one of our new sectors but their session has dropped a few times in the last 4 hours so they will likely need to be swapped as well.

I thought XM devices were supported with Elevate except using cnMaestro? In our 72 customer migration today, only the XW devices worked correctly and most or all of the XM devices either wouldn't connect or drop their sessions. We will likely swap any remaining XM devices tomorrow as we don't tolerate downtime for our customers.

Would like some feedback or guidance from Cambium if we should expect this on future migrations as well. We're running 3.2.1 for firmware on AP and CPE. At a minimum, I would like Cambium to release some of the licenses we purchased so we can apply them to other AP's as they licenses for these XM devices did us no good today and we rolled a truck and spent nearly $1,000 on hardware and labor replacing the XM devices with Force 200.

Thank you

I have been testing with XM Nanobridges as most of our network is  such.  Unfortunately, the results are really mixed and vary radio to radio.   The only consistentcy that we are seeing is the inconsistent connectivity and overall capacity on radios halved.  Now by no means is this a negative reflection on cambium in my opion, the XM board is old and tired and if there is any kind of improvement I will be very interested.

We also have a Loco M5 XW that appears the ethernet port is down but when I reboot it, it comes back up at 100 Mbps/Full like it should. Has happened twice since our upgrade yesterday.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Same here 

Also problems with XM Rocket m5 

it seems that about 75% of the XM Nanostation M5's we Elevated randomly disconnect. They seem to do it regardless of clean spectrum or signal level. Have some at -58 disconnecting as well as -70 we are not seeing slower throughput as they still seem to pull 40-60mbps but they do disconnect...

Some are ran in bridge mode and others in NAT mode.

It does appear that in bridge mode they stay connected longer.

All our XW's seem to be working as expected.

Hi,

What disconnect reason do you see in System Log on SM and AP when disconnects happen?

I would be really appreciate it if you could check.

We are working now on one issue where disconnects happen(fix already delivered in 3.2.2-Beta release), but we have to be sure you have faced exactly with it.

Thank you.

The system log shows nothing for disconnects. On both the AP and SM.

Is there a special location to find this? or a verbose mode for the log?

Please seleck every checkbox in System Logging section on Configuration ->Systme page.

Then check whether disconnect reason has been saved in System Log.

Then please also check crashlog on XM unit via CLI.

Please use "debug crashlog" in CLI.

Thank you.

any way to have the system store more then just 20 lines? I find that rather limiting. or do I need a syslog server?

Hello,

Yes, a syslog server would be the way to go, since increasing syslog size will impact the amount of free memory in a device with already small amount of memory available.

Regards

1 Like