ePMP Elevate software and license availability

@mono2 wrote:

Hello,

I am based outside the US have placed orders with my distro but there apparently some export issues. When is this going to be solved?

Hello,

Where are you based out of? We maybe able to help you off line. If not, your order will be fulfilled on Dec31st. We are sorry for the delay but are working through some logistics issues.

Sakid

South Africa. I have an order for 4 x 10 pack licenses with Duxbury. Perhaps give me your direct email ?

1 Like

I got licenses today but still can't download the firmware to try it out :(

Is anyone from Cambium reading this??

If so please help!

@lightnet-des wrote:

I got licenses today but still can't download the firmware to try it out :(

Is anyone from Cambium reading this??

If so please help!

Which country are you in?

I'm in Ireland

You should have no issues downloading it from our support site. If that isn't working, please send me an email at alex.marcham@cambiumnetworks.com.

Hello,

We installed the software  on the SM NSM5 16dbi XM and XW version.

On XW version load quickly ( 1:30 min ) and can be used both ports.

On XM version load is over 3:10 min which seems  load twice because somewhere around 1: 30 min connects to AP for a few seconds ( signal lights  they ar on, begins to pass traffic ), disconnects and load again reaching somewhere over 3:10 min again to be connected. The second port is not possible to be used. We tested already over 10 pcs of NSM5 16 dbi and all have the same  behavior.

Someone else has come to the same point where we are ?

From our point of view it does not seem normal to happen this way.

Best regards,

Florin

Cambium was very clear in the release notes, and in this forum. XM models are very slow to operate until they have registered significantly slower than the XW models due to less memory and slower CPU rates. The Ethernet ports wasn’t supposed to be supported in either model so it looks like you found an extra bonus if it works on one of them.

The customers experience behind an XM model device will be fine, it’s just the operators experience controlling them. The GUI performance should be improved after registration, however it will still be slow.

We are NOT happy with the license order experience so far. Our cambium order number is below. We ordered a 10-pack to test from Streakwave on 12/21 and STILL have not received the entitlement key or whatever it is for us to generate our key for our first test AP.

Today is the 7 calendar days from when we ordered and Streakwave says they're still waiting on cambium. I have also emailed Cambium support already and provided the order ID last night and no response yet.

I am NOT happy right now as we have a tower climb scheduled today and I still have no key for the AP.

Please respond to us ASAP to get us what we need after waiting 7 days. The webinar said we should expect key to be generated within 24 hours and this is not the case at all.

I caution people to wait on doing Elevate until Cambium figures out a better way to generate keys.

Cambium Ticket #: 111148

Order #: SSB12059

We got our keys in 2 business days (10 single keys, not a pack). A lot of companies observed the Christmas holidays here in the US I’d image that may have affected your delivery time. 23-26 a lot of us businesses are closed. Can’t speak for cambium or streak wave in those terms. I’m sure it had an impact on your order.

@dcshobby wrote:

We are NOT happy with the license order experience so far. Our cambium order number is below. We ordered a 10-pack to test from Streakwave on 12/21 and STILL have not received the entitlement key or whatever it is for us to generate our key for our first test AP.

Today is the 7 calendar days from when we ordered and Streakwave says they're still waiting on cambium. I have also emailed Cambium support already and provided the order ID last night and no response yet.

I am NOT happy right now as we have a tower climb scheduled today and I still have no key for the AP.

Please respond to us ASAP to get us what we need after waiting 7 days. The webinar said we should expect key to be generated within 24 hours and this is not the case at all.

I caution people to wait on doing Elevate until Cambium figures out a better way to generate keys.

Cambium Ticket #: 111148

Order #: SSB12059

Darin,

Apologies on the delay. We are working to get the key to you asap this morning. Also, starting Jan 1st things will get a lot simpler. Appreciate the patience in the meantime.

Sakid

Darin Steffl wrote: We ordered a 10-pack to test from Streakwave on 12/21 and STILL have not received...       ...Today is the 7 calendar days from when we ordered and Streakwave says they're still waiting...

To be fair to Streakwave and Cambium, it is also Christmas time. Yes, It has been 6 calendar days - but that includes the weekend days, that includes Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and Boxing Day - which are Statutory holidays in lots of places. So - it sucks to have a tower climb planned and not to have everything ready to go for sure... but to be fair, it might have only been Thursday and today where StreakWave and Cambium actually had all hands on board maybe?  :)

In any event I hope it all works out and we'll all be interested to know the results of how well everything worked out for you. :)

Hi  Cambium 

Its been sometime now,  when is the software going to be released outside of the US?

It should be available to you now. Please try the download site.

Thanks  I see the SM firmware download however still no entitlment for the AP is available?

AP licenses are available to order worldwide from your local distributor and will be fulfilled as of January 1st.

Please provide details of who I can contact at Cambium? Distro says they not getting answers either 

Still nothing?

Apologies for my slow reply. Please email me at alex.marcham@cambiumnetworks.com and we will get this sorted.

1 Like