ePMP Elevate

ePMP Elevate is a software solution allowing fixed wireless broadband networks to gain the powerful signature capabilities of Cambium Networks’ ePMP platform, including frequency reuse enabled by GPS Synchronization and Smart Beamforming, even on non-Cambium 802.11n-based hardware.

Please post your questions and comments to this thread.

Hi Ray 

Do you have a list of supported hardware that can be 'converted'?

Thanks  

Please see our website at

http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/product/access/epmp-elevate

Sakid

our webinar starts in 10 minutes. 

Register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7499056707872963074 

Cant make the webinar unfortunatly, i assume you will post a recording for later viewing ?

Thanks 

1 Like

We will post the recording to YouTube and the Community later today.

You can post any questions to this thread, and we will address them.

Ray

And what about prices?

In terms of additional hardware potentially to support, EnGenius has an extensive installed base of outdoor Wireless N hardware

In terms of additinal 3rd party hardware to support, EnGenius has an extensive installed base of outdoor Wireless N hardware

I just have to test this out, we've been swapping a lot of RocketM5 AP's with PRISM, and using the backwards compatibility for increased performance and "future" GPS sync. I ordered my first cambium PMP2000 AP just now with a beamforming antenna, curious to see how well this will perform and if its worth the $35 per STA. 

QUESTION, I missed part of the webinar, did they mention how this works with MikrotiK??? Is there a special MIPSBE firmware you need to flash on the Netmetal or QRT? And what happens after that, does it strip out winbox and make a WEB UI similar to a Cambium SM???

I know that UBNT is the largest potential base, and it's probably the one people have reported the most as being a migration problem. I fully understand that people have said many many times, "I'd love to migrate to ePMP, but I have 1,000 UBNT CPE's out there" and that makes sense to support that first.

However, there are other brands (and therefor other Cambium customers) who have the same issue with other brands. We are in that same boat, with a couple thousands StarOS clients and no easy upgrade.  I'd be more than thrilled to spend $35 per client to be able to connect them to ePMP AP's with Elevate firmware.

I'm sure everyone's is going to say MTik or EnGenius or Tranzeo, but I'd certainly be motivated to see development for StarOS.  Even though some of these companies might be smaller customer bases vs UBNT - you might also convert a higher percentage of them. In other words, you may get 10% of UBNT customers converting, but you might get 90% of StarOS and Tranzeo (and other 'WiFi' type) customer's converting.

For UBNT products, I suppose we will sacrfice our AirControl2 (AC2) monitoring capabilities after the cambium firmware upgrade? That might be a show stopper for us, as our support uses it daily to troubleshoot connection problems due to throughput usage being maxed-out, or mass firmware upgrades, etc. Things like AirControl are almost mandatory when you have over 4,000 to keep track of

They said that cnMaestro will be supported, the SM will essentially be a ePMP unit after upgrade. Future upgrades will be the same as if it was an ePMP. So monitoring, upgrades, and etc will be done throuugh cnMaestro.

I suspect you are correct wispwest, but devices can probably (hopefully?) be managed in cnMaestro after upgrade.

cnMaestro has a long way to go before being as useful as AC 1 or 2, but is a good basic dashboard and update platform.

@Jacob Turner wrote:

I suspect you are correct wispwest, but devices can probably (hopefully?) be managed in cnMaestro after upgrade.

cnMaestro has a long way to go before being as useful as AC 1 or 2, but is a good basic dashboard and update platform.

That's going to be a big issue for us. We need historic traffic and signal graphs. AC2 is nice because it auto-discovers via IP scans every night, and no manual SNMP setup and add like we had to do with Cacti/Canopy SM's

As long as you setup cnMaestro onboarding when you configure the CPE it will auto-add to cnMaestro, you just need to approve each device at some point.  It does graph signal/throughpu/mcs/etc. but it takes about 10 mouse clicks to see anything.

Where can we download this at and buy licenses?

Please contact your cambium reseller - they will help you out.

If you need a contact check out our WHERE TO BUY page

Ray

Can a unique licence be used various times when for example a radio goes off? Like transfered to another radio when the first died

Thank You.  Just out of curiosity, you can run both elevate SM's and current Cambium SM's on the same AP correct?