epmp 2000 cleaning up the noise in a PTP shot

something I haven't seen anyone do yet, use the EPMP 2000 as a PTP to clean up noise.    

this site is busy as can be and the uplink was always all over the board (this PTP link sits just 18" from an AF5).  

needless to say, co-band noise was awful.  

the link modulations were all over the board and i had locked them at MCS11 to remove retransmit, overall, for a standby, it worked.     getting 60 mbps up to the tower. 

after swapping to a force 2000, 100% of traffic at at MCS15.   Getting 202mbps down, and 149 up.  

both ends of this link is the dish for the force 110,  the far side is still an epmp1000. 

4 Likes

Thats great.Thank you for sharing this information with us.

So is the link an epmp2000 radio + force 110 dish connecting to a force 110 radio+ force 110 dish?

Then the only configuration you changed was locking it to MCS15 instead of MCS11?  Same frequency and such?

the old link was epmp1000 force 110 dish, to epmp 1000 force 110 dish.    the new link was the same dishes, I just changed the noise effected side to to an epmp 2000 radio.    the uplink changed from MCS11 to MCS 15.    this particular site was suffering from co-band noise.   

Chris these numbers are from you doing a speedtest on a computer or are you using the internal speedtest on the antennas? Also what channel width are you using? 40 Mhz?

Thanks,

Ken M.

@kmitre wrote:

Chris these numbers are from you doing a speedtest on a computer or are you using the internal speedtest on the antennas? Also what channel width are you using? 40 Mhz?

Thanks,

Ken M.

the epmp line can do 200mbps aggregate in a 40mhz channel, that speed test was from the radios link.  

when this radio link is in use during a rain fade situtation, its sitting around 170x25 actual traffic and is maxed out.

Sounds good thank you!

what is the distance apart  in km?