one of our first force 200 5ghz install!

here is on of our first Force 200 5ghz installs providing 50 mbps to a municipal building here in rural Missouri

its a near line of site connection back to a water tower,  rssi -48 downlink,    -60 uplink rssi from the ATPC as configured,   75/25 split with GPS re-use enabled! 

8 Likes

Outstanding! thanks for sharing.

One question, I thought this product can deliver up to 200mbps, why only 50mbps?

Awesome !

But help me understand the link number differences....(?)

@jorgenekah wrote:

One question, I thought this product can deliver up to 200mbps, why only 50mbps?

The 200mbps is the maximum possible throughput under perfect conditions and only while using a 40MHz channel width in flexible mode. While he's using a 40MHz channel width in the screen shot, there may be other factors at work limiting his throughput... e.g. He has his QoS set to limit download and upload to less then 60mbps. Or perhaps he has some interference issues or SnR issues that are limiting throughput. In most areas where I operate in, it would be foolish to use a 40MHz channel width as there's too many operators and too much interference.

-48dBm is pretty hot on the downlink side. He might actually get better performance by de-tuning the antenna or using a lower gain antenna, or turning down the power on the AP.

1 Like

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

@jorgenekah wrote:

The 200mbps is the maximum possible throughput under perfect conditions and only while using a 40MHz channel width in flexible mode. While he's using a 40MHz channel width in the screen shot, there may be other factors at work limiting his throughput... e.g. He has his QoS set to limit download and upload to less then 60mbps. Or perhaps he has some interference issues or SnR issues that are limiting throughput. In most areas where I operate in, it would be foolish to use a 40MHz channel width as there's too many operators and too much interference.

-48dBm is pretty hot on the downlink side. He might actually get better performance by de-tuning the antenna or using a lower gain antenna, or turning down the power on the AP.

thanks for the input eric!  

sorry i didn't see the comments right away, 

this AP is atually in GPS snyc 75/25 split, the customer ordered 50mbps dulpex connection, the speed without a restriction would show much higher, this is also in a pretty ideal situation, no noise, only 3/4 mile link.  this enviroment is pretty noising so the RSSI we shoot for here is higher than normal (-48 holds MCS15 here) -60 is our normal starting point.

this link is a private lan carry that is haulled acrossed a few sites delivering L2 transport to the customer sites, they have a single 50 mbps connection to the Internet, and 4 50 meg links to the different buildings.  the 50 meg Internet is done virtually in our router. 

2 Likes

@jorgenekah wrote:

customers purchased rate is 50x50 service  

the downlink can go much faster on this particular AP

2 Likes

thank you all for answering. we have 200 customers all with Ubiquiti, I have purchased 1 cambium 120 degree antenna with an epmp 1000 (No GPS) model. Also 2 Eforce180. I have not done the test yet.Currently I can connect upt to 26 or 30 customers with rocket M5 delivering 5 to 10mbps download speeds. After 26 or 30 I need to add another rocket.

My expectation with Cambium is I am able to at least connect 60 customers, do you think that is possible? tks

We will be very interested to see your results!

@jorgenekah wrote:

thank you all for answering. we have 200 customers all with Ubiquiti, I have purchased 1 cambium 120 degree antenna with an epmp 1000 (No GPS) model. Also 2 Eforce180. I have not done the test yet.Currently I can connect upt to 26 or 30 customers with rocket M5 delivering 5 to 10mbps download speeds. After 26 or 30 I need to add another rocket.

My expectation with Cambium is I am able to at least connect 60 customers, do you think that is possible? tks

yes you can get to 60 pretty easy.    watch your frame utilization in the performance screen. 

the GPS feature is very very worth having, have 0 self interference on a tower is wonderful.       also they have gig ports and you can get 150+ mbps of actual usage through put, not just a pretty number on a UDP test.   if you keep your modulations up and watch your frame usage, you can push past 60 subs a panel.   gps can help you get more APs tighter and more of them in a given area. you won't need to have the large guard bands the rockets need to keep your uplink together, with gps, you only need a 5 mhz guard band and you can re-use your channels on the same tower. we re-use constantly, the speed i posted here was from a gps enabled sector.