2 ?s -- Management and Downlink %

Hello All,
I’m getting my first canopy network setup, and would like some input. I’ve read the manual, but would like to double check some things.

1st, we’ve installed our first subscriber and everything looks good. We’re running it in Nat mode, public IP on the front, private on the back. I’m unable to ping or get into the web interface of the public IP. Though, from the AP, I can manage it by clicking on the LUID. Any ideas on that one?

2nd, all of the packages that we offer are synchronous ( 512x512, 1.5x1.5 ) but as normal most of our users will be downloading more than uploading, so I left the downlink % at 75. When I run speed tests, I’ll get 4mbps x 1mbps results. Is this a result of the downlink % setting, or are there other issues affecting my speed? For my packages, should I be setting the downlink % at 50? I would think that would be wasting bandwidth when I actually start getting subscribers.

Thanks,
Craig

Ok, I think I’ve figured out why I couldn’t manage the unit… but the canopy IP scheme thing is messing me up. I’m used to putting public IP’s on everything.

What’s the best way to do this. I’ll have customers with NAT and some with Bridged units.

Do the following scenarios make sense and are they appropriate?

Nat:
APs: 10.0.0.2 - 254
SM RF: 10.10.10.2-254
SM Pub NAT: 210.222.222.2-254
SM Priv NAT: 192.168.1.1

Bridge:
AP: 10.0.0.2-254
SM RF: 10.10.10.2-254
PC: 210.222.222.2-254

Thanks. Also could someone enlighten me on my downlink question as well?