20 meg backhaul BW problem

Ok so we have 2 20 meg canopy backhauls. 1 5.7 and 1 5.2

Build A has 1 5.7 master backhail and 1 5.2 master backhaul.

Backhauls terminate into a managed switch. They are using Link Aggregation.

The switch is connected to a 12 meg fiber backbone.

Downlink data on the masters are set to 40 percent.

Bulding B has the other ends of the backhauls terminating into another managed switch. Also using Link aggregation.

The links are working well.

Stats for LUID: 2 Test Duration: 2
Downlink RATE: 5683200 bps
Uplink RATE: 8832768 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 99 Percent
Max Downlink Index: 100
Actual Downlink Index: 99
Expected Frag Count: 22200
Actual Frag Count: 22372
Uplink Efficiency: 97 Percent
Expected Frag Count: 34503
Actual Frag Count: 36832

All main traffic for our network goes through these links.

the problem I am seeing is we can not push more than 9 or 10 meg through these links? we should be able to push much more I would think.

Since they are load balancing and are spliting the traffic,

Any help or things I should try would be helpful

Change the downlink to 60%.

If I change the downlink data to 60 percent wont that be giving more bw to to the upload. I recall doing a test and if the master is at that end and if a customer was downloading it would be upload because of the way the backhauls are setup?

Wouldnt the backhauls be uploading to the tower if a customer was downloading from the tower?

The ratio is from the BHM to the BHS so currently your are sending 40% of the aggregate to the BHS. If you want more BW to the BHS, increase the downlink ratio.

As much as it pains me to do so, I agree with Jerry. A simple test for you to confirm in your mind. Set the ration to 90/10 and 10/90 - this will confirm for you that you need to set the BHM to a higher number in this scenario to get more bandwidth for the end customer.