26dbm issue revisited

We have two APs going to go RMA very shortly, as they will not be coaxed to a higher output than 26dbm. Recently we found several SMs that were originally delivered with 4.2 firmware that had the same values - but they could be set to 28dbm output, unlike the APs.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Shaman666 wrote:
We have two APs going to go RMA very shortly, as they will not be coaxed to a higher output than 26dbm. Recently we found several SMs that were originally delivered with 4.2 firmware that had the same values - but they could be set to 28dbm output, unlike the APs.

Is anyone else seeing this?

[u:22xpzisc]Per Page 401 of the users manual:[/u:22xpzisc]

900 with Integrated panel = 24 dBm max.
900 connectorized units = 26 dBm max.

My reading of the users guide suggests that the units never could do more than 26 dBm and my actual measurements in the field tend to support that. Even though I could set some units to 28 dBm, they did not actually produce the additional gain.
micers wrote:
[quote="Shaman666":31bbxkiu]My reading of the users guide suggests that the units never could do more than 26 dBm and my actual measurements in the field tend to support that. Even though I could set some units to 28 dBm, they did not actually produce the additional gain.
[/quote:31bbxkiu]

Maybe unrelated then, but I have one radio that wouldn't go beyond 26dbm setting, and after replacing it with one set at 28dbm, three customers who had terrible service are now rock-solid stable. Maybe the radio was bad? I won't say it isn't possible, as Motorola claims they don't know why I can't change the setting in the first place.