2x Mode not working on AP

I found an AP this morning that 1/2 of the SMs set to allow 2x mode. The AP is set to allow 2 mode yet no SMs are switching to 2x mode. Signal and Jitter is good on most of the radios. I’m planning to swap out the AP, thinking there’s a problem with it. It is one of my older APs and on a P9 board.

2X is working on the other two APs.

Any suggestions or has someone else come across this?

Many Thanks,

Roy

rosborne wrote:
I found an AP this morning that 1/2 of the SMs set to allow 2x mode. The AP is set to allow 2 mode yet no SMs are switching to 2x mode. Signal and Jitter is good on most of the radios. I'm planning to swap out the AP, thinking there's a problem with it. It is one of my older APs and on a P9 board.

Many Thanks,

Roy

We have found that with 900MHz anyways, when the SMs are connecting at 2x but only transfer at 1x (internal link test) there is an abundance of interference at or near the AP. Everything looks fine -- session counts are low, link tests are at or near 100% up and down, just half as fast as they should be...
glennfinch wrote:
[quote="rosborne":3e6s215u]I found an AP this morning that 1/2 of the SMs set to allow 2x mode. The AP is set to allow 2 mode yet no SMs are switching to 2x mode. Signal and Jitter is good on most of the radios. I'm planning to swap out the AP, thinking there's a problem with it. It is one of my older APs and on a P9 board.

Many Thanks,

Roy

We have found that with 900MHz anyways, when the SMs are connecting at 2x but only transfer at 1x (internal link test) there is an abundance of interference at or near the AP. Everything looks fine -- session counts are low, link tests are at or near 100% up and down, just half as fast as they should be...[/quote:3e6s215u]

It is 900 MHz and I should have mentioned that but the thing I'm seeing is that they are not connecting at 2x. Everything shows 2X/1X. I wondered if it might be intereference related but with everything looking good I was doubting it. Just wanted to see if someone else had experienced this. Thanks for the reply!

Is this on 10.5 with ATPC enabled? I saw this on several of our APs. Setting power levels manually and disabling ATPC resolved the issue.

salad wrote:
Is this on 10.5 with ATPC enabled? I saw this on several of our APs. Setting power levels manually and disabling ATPC resolved the issue.

No, we are still on 10.3.2, and now you have me concerned about upgrading.
rosborne wrote:
[quote="glennfinch":1qd6pi7v][quote="rosborne":1qd6pi7v]I found an AP this morning that 1/2 of the SMs set to allow 2x mode. The AP is set to allow 2 mode yet no SMs are switching to 2x mode. Signal and Jitter is good on most of the radios. I'm planning to swap out the AP, thinking there's a problem with it. It is one of my older APs and on a P9 board.

Many Thanks,

Roy

We have found that with 900MHz anyways, when the SMs are connecting at 2x but only transfer at 1x (internal link test) there is an abundance of interference at or near the AP. Everything looks fine -- session counts are low, link tests are at or near 100% up and down, just half as fast as they should be...[/quote:1qd6pi7v]

It is 900 MHz and I should have mentioned that but the thing I'm seeing is that they are not connecting at 2x. Everything shows 2X/1X. I wondered if it might be intereference related but with everything looking good I was doubting it. Just wanted to see if someone else had experienced this. Thanks for the reply![/quote:1qd6pi7v]

Sorry, i should have worded my response better. What you are seeing is exactly what we saw. On a single AP site, a simple frequency change fixed it right up, so without anything else to blame I figured it was interference near the AP on that particular channel. 10.5 with ATPC enabled at -64 has worked perfectly for us on all sites, single omnis and sectorized clusters.

My appologies - apparently I fail at reading comprehension. Actually seeing 2X/1X links indicates an RF-related problem that they wont actually connect at 2X.

The issue I was seeing was an entire AP of 2X links, no customers moving any data, and link capacity tests only running at 1X speeds. We opened a ticket with Motorola for this but we haven’t had the time to gather troubleshooting data yet as they had never heard of this before.